PDA

View Full Version : 3,000th post

Frederick Skelly
11-23-2016, 9:55 PM
Sure doesn't seem like that many - but probably more than half of them are questions you folks have graciously helped me with.

Geez, I started out a power tool woodworker. Then the Neanders got me interested in hand tools and I fell down THAT slippery slope. I must've asked at least 1500 questions there!

Got hand tools down to maybe a Journeyman level and then bought a lathe. I've been fighting to stay on top of that hill and not fall too fast. So I've shifted to making lathe accessories when I can - using my hand tools of course. Today I made 3 knockoffs of the Robust Comfort Tool Rest (4", 6" and 8 1/2"). I've also made several sharpening guides and customized my lathe stand. Lord knows how many questions I'll be asking the Turners, but so far they've been patient with yet another newbie.

So thanks to all of you folks who've given me a hand over the last 3 years. It's been great!

Happy Thanksgiving to folks who are Stateside, and a safe and good weekend to those of you who live in Canada, Australia and elsewhere!

Fred

Bruce Page
11-23-2016, 11:04 PM
I always enjoy your posts Fred. Here's to the next 3000!

Mel Fulks
11-23-2016, 11:11 PM
Frederick, good to have you here...and I can tell you typed that at the Deluxe podium!! Thanks! And keep those "press releases" coming.

Richard McComas
11-24-2016, 1:41 AM
Keep posting away. You have a ways to go. There's a guy on the lumber jocks forum with 115,290 post. His handle is a1Jim.

Jim Koepke
11-24-2016, 11:09 AM
Happy T-Day to you too Fred, where ever you may be.

jtk

Jim Becker
11-24-2016, 6:37 PM
This is a great community and I'm glad you've benefited from it in many ways. :) I know I've learned a whole lot from so many people!!