PDA

View Full Version : PM2000 extension table

Brandon Richter
11-21-2016, 9:55 PM
I have been on the hunt for an aftermarket extension table with a router cutout for the PM2000. The oem extension table is mdf with laminate. Mine has sagged under the weight of the rout-r-lift and is no longer flat. There are several types/brands of steel or phenolic extension tables with their own cutouts, but they are sized for a standard 27" deep table. The PM2000 has a 30.5" deep table. The PM2000 is a nice saw but I'm a little miffed I can't find anything that fits the table. I really want something that will stay flat rather than buying another PM accessory that will do the same thing over time. Any ideas?

Bruce Page
11-21-2016, 10:03 PM
Brandon, you could remove the table and add 1x4 support bracing underneath it to pull it flat again. I did that to the Woodhaven router table on my Unisaw several years ago and it has stayed flat. Just a thought.

Van Huskey
11-21-2016, 11:15 PM
I did exactly what Bruce suggested on my PM2000 when I initially cut the hole for the router lift, over 6 years later and no sag.

Brandon Richter
11-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. I think the only options are to reinforce as you suggest, build my own extension out of something sturdier, or use a 27" steel one and jury-rig it into place. Thanks again.