PDA

View Full Version : trotec, which rotary attachment??

TAMI WILSON
11-21-2016, 7:05 PM
Want to get the rotary attachment for my trotec. Which one do you guys recommend?

Thinking the cone one but would love to hear what you all think.

Love u guys and gals

thanks

tami

Gary Hair
11-21-2016, 10:57 PM
I have only had the cone type and from all the troubles I see with the hot-dog roller, I'd stay away from it. I can't imagine anything that I can't do on a cone rotary that you could do on the other, but there is plenty I can do that is impossible on a roller.

Neville Stewart
11-21-2016, 11:45 PM
I have only had the cone type and from all the troubles I see with the hot-dog roller, I'd stay away from it. I can't imagine anything that I can't do on a cone rotary that you could do on the other, but there is plenty I can do that is impossible on a roller.
I'd agree with Gary, but I was surprised to hear that you can get a set of roller (only) to convert cones/roller depending on your need.

Kev Williams
11-22-2016, 1:00 AM
No contest.

Cone/chuck type rotary equals accuracy, repeatability, high detail...

Hot dog roller rotary equals white knuckles, puckered butt & intense hope that it gets done in ONE pass...

ok, so maybe not THAT bad ;) -- But I DO know I could never trust one for what I do... :)

Mike Null
11-22-2016, 8:57 AM
Get the cone. If you want the roller attachment I know where you can get one.

Keith Outten
11-22-2016, 9:28 AM
Don't forget that you can make your own custom shaft ends when the need arises so you have plenty of flexibility with either of the choices you make from Trotec. If you decide on the roller you can make cones of any size. I made custom ends for engraving pens from pen kit parts and i often make cones to fit various glassware from 3/4" PVC.

TAMI WILSON
11-22-2016, 9:44 AM
No contest.

Cone/chuck type rotary equals accuracy, repeatability, high detail...

Hot dog roller rotary equals white knuckles, puckered butt & intense hope that it gets done in ONE pass...

ok, so maybe not THAT bad ;) -- But I DO know I could never trust one for what I do... :)

Well I think you all helped me make up my mind. thank you. no puckered butt for me.

Gary Hair
11-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Well I think you all helped me make up my mind. thank you. no puckered butt for me.

Kev has quite a way with words today...

Mike Null
11-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Tami

I bought mine early this year after having sent one back several years ago as it wouldn't repeat. The new version is spot on and you wouldn't believe how many times it's paid for itself this year -- even this month. Think Yeti's.

Don Corbeil
11-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Because of a miscue by trotec when I originally ordered my Speedy 300 they sent me both, even though I had paid for only the cone. When I offered to send the rollers back, they let me keep both. That being said I have used both, but I much prefer the cone type. It's more precise and the piece is securely locked in for multiple passes.

TAMI WILSON
11-24-2016, 2:02 PM
Thanks Everyone. Cone Rotary is on order. It is back ordered but hopefully will get it next week.
Special Thanks To Kev. He saved me from some serious issues!! :eek:

Bill George
11-24-2016, 4:52 PM
And you can always make a cone with a wood lathe or have a friend make one for you.

TAMI WILSON
12-03-2016, 9:15 AM
Bummer Trotec has no rotarys in stock for my speedy 300 and don't know when they will get them. there goes my Christmas Present.

:rolleyes:

TAMI WILSON
01-03-2017, 9:15 AM
just heard from Trotec, the rotary attachments are in. Now you all are gonna

have to hear from me askin' advice on how the heck to use it. SORRY!! :rolleyes:

Kev Williams, let the butt pucker begin!!!