PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi C12RSH2 SCMS ?

Ken Fitzgerald
11-21-2016, 4:14 PM
My old Delta SCMS has finally given up the ghost. Does anyone have a Hitachi C12RSH2?

Any reviews?

Mike Heidrick
11-21-2016, 7:54 PM
I own a c12lsh very similar. It works but i like my dewalt better due to the overblade led. The hitachi has a goofy mount holes so it was a weird mount on my bosch t4b stand. It lives on a perm bench now. I like the railvsetup with minimal back clearence needs but it is huge anyway and pretty heavy. It has a good brake, you will feel it kick in. The handle is vertical which does not bother me but some prefer horizontal handle. Blade changes are pretty easy. I dont compond miter much but it works. It was great priced online when i got it online but minimally packed and hitachi had to send out parts due to shipping damage so maybe sourcing local would be better.

Bryan Lisowski
11-21-2016, 10:20 PM
I have and really like it. It is a heavy beast, but mine doesn't leave the shop. Mine cuts perfect, but I replaced the blade immediately.

Kevin Smira
11-22-2016, 9:07 AM
I've got one and it lives in my garage. I don't move it as it's on a permanent stand. I do like it, and am actually using the original blade and it's ok, but I'm changing soon. The laser (for what it's worth) needs calibration ASAP if you plan on using it. I grabbed mine on sale at Lowes for a great, too good to pass up, deal.

Grant Wilkinson
11-22-2016, 9:15 AM
I have had mine for quite a few years. I use it primarily for picture frame miters and it is very accurate. Contrary to Kevin's experience, the laser on mine was spot on out of the box and has stayed that way. I like the way the slides work. It gets the saw quite close to the wall. Even then, it is a big saw! Since mine stays bolted to the bench. its weight is really not an issue. Dust collection is terrible, but a hood solved most of that issue for me.