PDA

View Full Version : Auto Focus not working Chinese Laser

Keith Winter
11-21-2016, 11:43 AM
I have a couple chinese lasers using RDworks as the software. All the sudden autofocus stopped working on both of them and the tip just runs into the substrate if you try to auto focus and doesn't stop trying to go down until you hit reset. It looks like an employee changed something but I don't know what since they both started doing this at the same time it's clearly not hardware related. :mad:

Anyone know what settings cause this in RDworks? Is it something on the testing tab (tab with the autofocus button) or something else they messed with in RDworks?

Bert Kemp
11-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Why not just do away with auto focus all together and manual focus? Less problems I think:DBoss has a PDF with some settings for auto focus might check to see they didn't get set to zero or something. Not sure what it all means but might help

Scott Marquez
11-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Search RDWORKS lab forum, there is a guy there that is translating the manual to English, he may know what setting needs to be changed.
Scott

Kev Williams
11-21-2016, 1:03 PM
....since they both started doing this at the same time it's clearly not hardware related. :mad: Oh, it's entirely possible both switches died at the same time. That type of phenomenon has happened to me so many times in my life that when ANYthing breaks I fully expect something else to break within the day, even if it's the same thing on a different machine ;)

I don't know why there'd be an 'on/off' option on the auto-focus, as simply USING it is optional, no reason to disable it in the software. And if it was disable-able, then doing so should make it not work at all-- yours is.

If you can, trace the switch wires and check the connections on the other end, and check the switch for continuity.

Jerome Stanek
11-21-2016, 2:45 PM
Have you looked into the vendor settings. There is a tab to enable home for each axis. you may have to write to the machine if you change it

Klaus Madsen
11-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Do like everybody else, take it off. It is much faster to focus manually.

Keith Winter
11-22-2016, 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. Haven't solved the mystery yet. Emailed china waiting to hear a reply.

Rich Harman
11-23-2016, 1:17 AM
Do like everybody else, take it off. It is much faster to focus manually.

I agree. rhbsryrybsrybsrvysrvysab