PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Million Posts Milestone Today

Keith Outten
11-20-2016, 6:23 PM
We passed the major milestone today of over two and a half million posts. This number doesn't include posts that we have deleted over the years like classified advertisements and temporary announcements. It took us well over 13 years to accomplish this goal, our 14th anniversary is this coming February.

We have accomplished a significant goal that is worthy of the time to reflect on such an amazing event. Our archives contain an unbelievable library of the collective expertise documenting woodworking skills from Members all over the world. In addition to those of us who contribute here either on an occasional or daily basis we currently host between 40 to 60 thousand visitors per day seven days per week. The reach of each Members contributions on a world wide basis has been beyond anything I could have imagined when we went online over thirteen years ago.

Along the way we have lost some good friends but their time and participation here has been well documented and their expertise remains in our archives for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your time and woodworking experiences with our Community.

Jim Becker
11-20-2016, 8:18 PM
Congratulations, Keith! That truly is a "big number" and the fact that it's all pretty much there for searching is wonderful.

Bruce Page
11-20-2016, 9:19 PM
Wow! That is a big number. I'm very proud to be a member from day one!

Lee Schierer
11-21-2016, 7:38 AM
That's a lot of posts. I've contributed only 0.34% of those.

Jim has contributed 1.6%.

Bert Kemp
11-21-2016, 7:54 AM
Awesome Keith hope I'm here for 5 million, wishful thinking LOL

Keith Outten
11-21-2016, 8:51 AM
We aren't the oldest woodworking Community but certainly have staying power that's for sure :)
I doubt that you can find a friendlier Community anywhere in the world.

Bert, I hope to be here for the 5 millionth post as well but I'm lucky to be here today given my health problems two years ago.

George Bokros
11-21-2016, 9:00 AM
Great accomplishment. This is a great community and I am happy I am permitted to be a member. I appreciate all that the moderators do and especially Southwind for providing the platform and the hardware for this website. I also appreciate the advertisers and contributors contributions to help cover the cost of providing this website.

Thank you all.

Phil Mueller
11-21-2016, 11:09 AM
Just a few years ago, when becoming more interested in woodworking, I'd spend time searching the net for "how to" and other advice. Most of the time SMC posts popped up with a wealth of info. It's a fantastic resource, Keith. Thanks for the vision and all the time and effort to keep it going.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-21-2016, 1:01 PM
Thanks for providing SMC for us to use Keith!

John Stankus
11-21-2016, 2:12 PM
Thanks for the community

I've contributed 0.00712% of the posts:)

oops, with this one it is 0.00716 %

But hey, I'm moving at the blistering pace of 0.036 posts per day on average :) (dang, pesky day job)

John

Chris Padilla
11-21-2016, 2:41 PM
...and 1.6% of those posts are by Mr. Jim Becker!! :)

Rich Riddle
11-21-2016, 4:41 PM
...and 1.6% of those posts are by Mr. Jim Becker!! :)We all knew he was the top 1% kind of guy.

Rich Riddle
11-21-2016, 4:43 PM
Thanks for the community

I've contributed 0.00712% of the posts:)

oops, with this one it is 0.00716 %

But hey, I'm moving at the blistering pace of 0.036 posts per day on average :) (dang, pesky day job)

John
John, if you don't post for a while, and we round down, we can refer to you as 007.

Jim Becker
11-21-2016, 8:18 PM
...and 1.6% of those posts are by Mr. Jim Becker!!

Dirty job...someone's got to do it... :D

Gary Muto
11-22-2016, 3:13 PM
Great accomplishment for my favorite site and community. I can't say that I even budged the needle though.

Randy Red Bemont
01-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Great job. That says something about the site.

Red

michael langman
01-23-2017, 11:38 AM
Keith, That is quite an accomplishment. Thank You for having the vision, and putting in the hard work and time in, to bring such a nice place to visit every day, to us.

Rick Albright
02-09-2017, 2:56 PM
I have been on the site for only a few hours and already enjoy reading the articles and the suggestions that everyone has on woodworking. I can say this site has made a very good impression on me. Your site and the members have helped me, in just a short amount of time. KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB, you are doing.

Gordon Eyre
02-18-2017, 12:07 PM
It has been five or six years ago that I joined this forum and I am so grateful for all that I have learned here. The membership is so knowledgeable and willing to help one another. The talent here is amazing and it has been fun to see the many projects made by forum members. My post rate has been modest at best with .48 per day but hardly a day goes by that I don't sign on to see what is going on.

I was fortunate to have won a bandsaw three years ago on one of the many contests this forum sponsors. Every time I turn it on I think of how lucky I was to have stumbled on to this wonderful web site.