PDA

View Full Version : Scrollsaw Patterns

Joe Pelonio
10-06-2005, 3:34 PM
In responding to a laser area question on BerryBasket patterns, it occurred to me that if someone wanted to do a jig saw job with one of those patterns, but much larger, people like me with a sign shop and other members have plotters that normally cut vinyl but can be used to draw with pen. We could take a pdf from BerryBasket or any other vector file and plot it on paper (up to 24" x 96+ on mine) length. I don't know what your local sign shop would charge for this, but paper is cheap and it wouldn't take long. There would be some time involved for removing any text (instructions etc) and background color, since I would only do the outlines. That's something you might be able to do yourself using Corel, Adobe Illustrator, or Freehand, and just send what need to be printed. With a vector file we can resize it and it remains perfect, with each piece still scaled to each other. I'm not soliciting business, we're already really busy right now, but if you need this done and can't find someone locally to do it at a reasonable price let me know and/or post it, maybe one of the other members with a plotter is close to you. It's a lot easier than blowing up 6-8 pages at Kinko's.