PDA

View Full Version : PDF to Corel

David Zurick
10-06-2005, 2:28 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just recently purchased a scroll saw plan cd from BerryBasket after reading a post about how easy it is to convert the plans to work in Corel. Could anybody who has done this give me some help on how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Joe Pelonio
10-06-2005, 2:50 PM
Import the file. Then go to the first page that actually has a pattern on it. Ungroup all. At this point you can select the outline only of the pattern pieces, change to hairline, copy and paste it into a new document or page, do the same with all other parts, resize them all together so they keep their scale, arrange to fit your laser and cut.

Or, you can delete all of the text instructions etc., change their scroll saw cut line on actual pattern pieces to hairlines, change the fill to X (none), then copy
the pieces to one page or new file, resize, arrange to fit your laser and cut.

It's really no different than using any pdf other than the written instruction and
gray backgrounds that are normally helpful when printed for scroll saw work.

Shaddy Dedmore
10-06-2005, 3:23 PM
Just what Joe says, only for me, I have to Open the PDF file, as opposed to using the Import command. Then it asks you what pages, I usually select all, then I can delete the pages I don't want later.

Using Corel, get used to using CTRL-U and CTRL-G (Ungroup and Group).

I think there's a bunch of people here that do it, so just holler if you have something more specific that you're having issues with.

Which CD did you get?

Shaddy

David Zurick
10-06-2005, 5:37 PM
Thanks again for the help guys. It works great. I bought CDBL1 (complete cd library vol 1). You guys were right, you get alot for the money. I'm going out to get more wood right now. I have a Pinnacle M-25 and it's great. Having alot of fun so far. Again, thank you.