PDA

View Full Version : KREG AUTOMAXX sliding clamps

jack duren
11-19-2016, 10:04 AM
Anybody buy and use these a lot. Trying to get an opinion of worth and if there difficult to use...

I bought a bunch of Milwaukee 4" hand clamps and there worthless in clamp pressure.

John McClanahan
11-19-2016, 6:46 PM
I bought a pair of the smaller ones when Rockler had them on sale once. Not saying they are bad, but I don't find myself reaching for them very often. Glad I didn't buy more.

John

jack duren
11-19-2016, 6:59 PM
I use the Jorgensen Gear and locking c-clamps quit a bit. Seem like they would be the same in comparison to a F-style clamp but easier to use. I use the c-clamps for a lot of torsion tables I make but won't open to 4". The Milwaukee 4" hand clamps will but the pressure is too light and can't use them.

Good clamps for certain applications with a reasonable price are getting rare....Thanks for the reply

Jim Andrew
11-19-2016, 8:07 PM
I use the Kreg automax T track clamps. Work great.

Bob Michaels
11-19-2016, 10:13 PM
I use the Kreg automax T track clamps. Work great.
What Jim said.

glenn bradley
11-19-2016, 10:33 PM
I don't think the mechanism is the issue. I have this mechanism on a few toggle-style clamps and they work great. I just don't find myself wanting a "vise-grip" very often when clamping during furniture making.

jack duren
11-19-2016, 10:53 PM
I have to run in several speeds. Cabinet maker, commercial fixtures,furniture maker,etc. I've spent the last 5 weeks doing restaurant fixtures for a steakhouse in Kansas City. I need so many varieties of clamps it's not funny.

Bottom line is I'm looking for alternatives to "twisting" of most clamps offered. Options are small....

jack duren
12-04-2016, 11:44 AM
For a long time i thought of Kreg as pocket hole company only and ignored this company. Before I received the first heavy duty order of clamps I took a chance and ordered several of their standard duty clamps. Bessey and Jorgensen make good clamps. The parallels are good but for the money there's a new sheriff in town called "KREG".

Very happy with KREG...... Will be buying many...

peter gagliardi
12-04-2016, 1:33 PM
Jack, where are these made?
Looks like a similar style, but with more length options as the festool track clamp which I wish came in more lengths.

jack duren
12-04-2016, 2:32 PM
Not sure where they are made...