PDA

View Full Version : DHL Shipping

Bill George
11-18-2016, 2:05 PM
My new 20 W Fiber laser has been shipped DHL Air from China. Its now stuck in Ohio since this morning with this message....

Uncontrollable Clearance Delay CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA

It was delayed a couple times in China also in customs, but I am wondering if this is normal for DHL shipments? The last item I ordered came from Hong Kong and was here in 3 days via DHL but this is much heavier and a lot more money.

Ross Moshinsky
11-18-2016, 2:17 PM
DHL is a funny company. You're best bet is to give them a call and find out what is actually going on.

Bill George
11-18-2016, 4:16 PM
Well they finally called me and then emailed me some Forms. Nice to know they close for the week end in a hour or so.

Kev Williams
11-18-2016, 4:47 PM
Exactly the same thing happened with my fiber, got to Ohio (I think it was) and sat there for a few days. I don't think it's DHL so much as Red Tape Customs Inc...

Frederick Skelly
11-18-2016, 4:54 PM
An aside: I avoid DHL at all costs. In the 3 times Ive used them (domestic service only), they have consistently given me poor service. Never again.

Bill George
11-18-2016, 5:41 PM
So DHL needed a Power of Attorney and then the FDA Form. The POA is not a problem but I need the Accession Number and the only way I can get that is from the manufacturer in China. Of course its Saturday over there, one day ahead of us.

I don't know who else to use other than DHL for Air? I have heard terrible things about UPS and International shipping.

David Somers
11-18-2016, 5:43 PM
Same here,

A few years ago they were to ship me a box that included important and sensitive documents to be signed. It was an expensive, overnight, deliver only to me with signature required delivery. Rather than deliver it to the address on the package, which was correct BTW, they delivered it to a completely unrelated address at a town 30 miles away, dropping it off in the outside edge of a loading dock for a business that had been closed and vacant for 2 years. When they finally confirmed where they had delivered it to they let me know there was no difficulty and I could go pick it up at my convenience. They had delivered it and had no more responsibility for it. Needless to say I was impressed. Haven't used or recommended them since. The bank that shipped the package to me also dropped them like a hot potato.

For what that tale is worth! Fingers are crossed Bill!

Dave

John Lifer
11-18-2016, 6:20 PM
Sorry for your delay, but Ryan Matthews and I have shipping issues also. $ issues with shipper, so Kind of good to feel we're in good company. I've had decent communication with Blanca over the weekends, but that doesn't help if DHL is closed tomorrow. I know mine took a day more than Customs for the FDA clearance, that might hold it up longer too. I'm intending to post a 'review' once I finally get this thing here and running.

Robert Delhommer Sr
11-18-2016, 6:56 PM
The only trouble I have with deliveries have been when DHL was involved.

Bill George
11-18-2016, 6:59 PM
I have found some HS numbers it seems on the China generated shipping documents but they do not cross over to what seems to be correct. Did you get the HS or Accession Number for yours?
I know I have to pay duty and I was prepared for that, but the paperwork issue was a big surprise. Nothing I can't handle but it would have been nice to know before an hour the lady heads for home!

Keith Downing
11-18-2016, 7:19 PM
I'm curious, what was the weight of the total package? I thought you couldn't do DHL air over around 100lbs.

Bill George
11-18-2016, 7:49 PM
64 Kg which is 141.096 lbs according to my calculator. The freight cost via DHL Air was included in the price I paid.

Bill George
11-19-2016, 8:44 AM
Sorry for your delay, but Ryan Matthews and I have shipping issues also. $ issues with shipper, so Kind of good to feel we're in good company. I've had decent communication with Blanca over the weekends, but that doesn't help if DHL is closed tomorrow. I know mine took a day more than Customs for the FDA clearance, that might hold it up longer too. I'm intending to post a 'review' once I finally get this thing here and running.

She emailed me back with the proper FDA Form filled out and the Accession Number of the Report was not even close to what I assumed it would be. Emailing to the DHL lady so at least she will have Monday am.