PDA

View Full Version : Heating oil prices

David Wilson
10-06-2005, 12:41 PM
This morning the temp droped to 32 deg and we finally turned up the thermostat.
Had fuel delivered yesterday and it is $2.80/gal for #2
Gasoline is at $2.79/gal here.
I think I see a corn furnace in my future.

Jim DeLaney
10-06-2005, 1:16 PM
This morning the temp droped to 32 deg and we finally turned up the thermostat.
Had fuel delivered yesterday and it is $2.80/gal for #2
Gasoline is at $2.79/gal here.
I think I see a corn furnace in my future.

I had my tank topped up last month. My supplier had a 'pre-season special' and I paid $1.88 per gallon. With a little luck, I'll only need one mid-season fill up - maybe a 150 gallons...

Just last week, I had the service guy out to do a complete burner service. Figured it's be a good idea, given the ever-increasing oil prices, to have the furnace operating at peak efficiency. Turned out, I needed a new ignition transformer. That, along with a new fuel tank filter, and a new belt on the fan, ended up costing me $267.00. Service guy said it looked like the previous homeowner had never had any service work done (furnace is about 15 years old). Guess I was lucky to make it through last winter without any problems...

Dennis Peacock
10-06-2005, 3:04 PM
Yup.....I'm putting in a new wood stove within the next 2 weeks to be my main source of heat. Natural gas it already high and getting more expensive.

Lee DeRaud
10-06-2005, 4:30 PM
This morning the temp droped to 32 deg and we finally turned up the thermostat.At the moment I'm showing 94 degrees with 8% humidity:eek: . You can have all of it you want, but you have to pay the shipping.:cool:

Scott Donley
10-06-2005, 4:59 PM
At the moment I'm showing 94 degrees with 8% humidity:eek: . You can have all of it you want, but you have to pay the shipping.:cool:Might be cheaper then natural gas, just went up 17% Oct. 1st. I see that there is now an over supply of oil and natural gas because of the high prices. I can't win!

Steve Clardy
10-06-2005, 6:27 PM
Sure glad we are woodburners. Have been for 25 years.
House and shop. Do have propane for a backup in the house if we have to leave for more than 24 hours, so the pipes won't freeze.

Firewood is up here though. I used to cut all of mine, but the last 2-3 years I've been buying it, cut and split. Plus I buy a log truck load of logs for extra.
Two years ago firewood here [oak] was 60.00
Lucky to find it now for less than 75.00 cord

John Shuk
10-06-2005, 7:32 PM
Our price is capped at $2.34. If it goes lower we get the lower price if not oh well. Guess what I think is going to happen. Are you all in suspense? Thank goodness I have my pellet stove.

Rob Russell
10-06-2005, 8:23 PM
Today's cash price from our dealer was $2.39. They are offering a "fixed price" for the heating season of $2.59.