PDA

View Full Version : Anchor 116 sandblast stencil

Gary Hair
11-18-2016, 12:15 PM
I have a fairly large paver job and need some stencil. I just found out that the company that makes the stencil I need was flooded and isn't currently producing it, probably won't be until January... I need Anchor 116, it's polyester based with high-tack adhesive. The lettering I'm doing is too small for a vinyl plotter so I have to use the laser and the pavers are fairly rough so I need high tack. It's mind-boggling to think that there is only one source for this!

So, does anyone have any or know of anyone who has some of this particular stencil? I need about three rolls.

I could be wrong about this being the only stencil with these specific properties so I'd also consider other types if you know of any.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Kev Williams
11-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Contact Regional Supply in Salt Lake, they're about 5 miles from me-- my BIL has some 117 he got there a few years ago, gave me the box end :)
Not sure what the difference is between 116 and 117 but if ANYONE would have what you need, they will!
347776 (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi3oaed67LQAhUE5GMKHQg9CbIQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.regionalsupply.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNEc89oxB5RhXfUbanexwMxzcK-ZQA&sig2=O7D198DADR3fJHy8Vl4hQw)

website linky- https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi3oaed67LQAhUE5GMKHQg9CbIQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.regionalsupply.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNEc89oxB5RhXfUbanexwMxzcK-ZQA&sig2=O7D198DADR3fJHy8Vl4hQw

Ross Moshinsky
11-18-2016, 12:36 PM
When you say 3 rolls, what width and length are you talking about?

Edit: I can get 18 rolls of 15"x10 yards and 5 rolls of 30"x10 yards from a sign supplier I occasionally work with.
Edit 2: I can get 44 rolls of 15"x10 yards from a "national" dealer as well. They don't show where they keep their product so it might be close to you.

Gary Hair
11-18-2016, 2:20 PM
Kev - YOU DA MAN!!! I bought the last rolls they had in stock!!!

edit: 117 is medium tack, 116 is high tack

Gary Hair
11-18-2016, 2:21 PM
I was looking for 15" x 10 yards. I found it in Salt Lake, Kev's source, but I'm curious what national dealer you know that has it? I checked the ones I'm familiar with and nobody had it.

When you say 3 rolls, what width and length are you talking about?

Edit: I can get 18 rolls of 15"x10 yards and 5 rolls of 30"x10 yards from a sign supplier I occasionally work with.
Edit 2: I can get 44 rolls of 15"x10 yards from a "national" dealer as well. They don't show where they keep their product so it might be close to you.

Ross Moshinsky
11-18-2016, 2:58 PM
Nglantz has 44. Pioneer Sign Supply (Pittsburgh primarily) had the 18.

Kev Williams
11-18-2016, 4:40 PM
Glad I could help :)

Joe Pelonio
11-18-2016, 10:35 PM
We have about 6 sign supply companies in the Seattle area that stock it. It's pretty heavy to ship, but I guess you have no choice if nothing local. I mostly used it for sandblasted cedar signs and stone but have engraved it for rubber stamps, and even did molds for graphics on sneakers being made in Europe for some guy one time.

Gary Hair
11-19-2016, 1:50 AM
We have about 6 sign supply companies in the Seattle area that stock it. It's pretty heavy to ship, but I guess you have no choice if nothing local. I mostly used it for sandblasted cedar signs and stone but have engraved it for rubber stamps, and even did molds for graphics on sneakers being made in Europe for some guy one time.

Thanks Joe. Eugene isn't exactly a small town but we just don't have the multiple sources for most things like you would have in Seattle or Portland. I'm sure I could have found some in Portland if I spent the time calling around, but when Kev's source had it and I could order it with 1 phone call I didn't want to bother looking any further. It will be here Tuesday, pretty happy with that. Hopefully the next time I need some my regular sources will have it back in stock.