PDA

View Full Version : Whats in your wallet?

Dave Rawn
10-06-2005, 11:35 AM
That was the first thing that come to mind tuesday morning as I was starting my first job of the day. I was running a little late and trying to make up for lost time I started the laser and let it boot up then loaded the first job and started to vector cut my first sheet of plywood. Then to the computer to set up the next job when I noticed that the laser was not making the right kind of noise when I do a vector job so walked over to the laser and it was just sitting in one spot with the beam on and just burning a hole in the wood:eek: this icon is what I must have looked like at seeing this happen. I stopped the laser and went to restart the job but nothing happend so I shut off the laser and went to reboot it all that would start was the fans. I checked the all of the breakers and they were ok so I called tech support at epilog. After 2 rings Dan answered the phone, we discused the problem and after checking a couple of things the problem was pin pointed my power supply had gone out. I gave Dan all of the information to get a new one and the phrase of Whats in your wallet came to mind. The new power supply was kind of spendy but then thats part of business I guess. The part was shipped out UPS next day and the following morning I had my part and a half an hour later the laser was back up and running. I guess this should remind us all that when you price a job or jobs keep in mind the expenses that this could happen in the future. Last but not least make sure you have good tech support for your machine, Epilog has allways been there when I have problems and have taken care of them in a timely manner. My thanks goes out to Dan (Epilog Tech) for taking care of the problem so quick.