PDA

View Full Version : Lowes Fluorescent Light Sale

Steve Roxberg
06-17-2003, 10:32 PM
The Lowes in Olathe KS has lots of Fluorescent light fixtures on sale for 50% off. This included all three eight foot fixtures, and most of the four foot fixtures. Most of the eight foot fixtures were being sold for between $20 and $23 dollars. These are great prices. I'm now getting a tan in the basement shop.

Steve Clardy
06-17-2003, 11:31 PM
I bought 10 of the 8's last year at their sale in Osage Beach Mo. $23. something. Though not top of the line fixtures, metal is a litle lighter than the ones that cost $40.00-$50.00, they do work well for the price. Steve

Mike Schwing
06-19-2003, 8:38 AM
And I bet the buzzing in your head got louder! I have yet to meet the flourescent light that I can't hear buzzing.

Scott Coffelt
06-19-2003, 1:29 PM
I bought the last 6 of their best ($50) 4 foot units for use in a drop down ceiling for a total of $130. Once I get the shop re-piped with DC pipe, I will be lowering the drop down ceiling to accept the new lights. This should more than double my current lighting. Thanks for the tip as I don't visit Lowe's that often. Usually hit the orange borg as it is closer to my house.

Steve Roxberg
06-19-2003, 2:53 PM
Happy you got the deal too. The units I purchased have Electronic ballasts which don't hum at all.

Electronic Ballasts are the only way to go.