PDA

View Full Version : Help Finding a Product

Wayne Grecco
11-16-2016, 8:48 PM
Hello all!

I am looking for a pattern that I can cut out on my laser for a "Chicken Feeder" like the photo attached. the customer is looking for something enclosed on all sides except the front and that measures approx 14" x 14".

Anyone know where I can get a pattern for something like this?

Thanks
Wayne

Bert Kemp
11-16-2016, 11:11 PM
that would be pretty simple to design your own in corel and cut it. Have you tried that?

Ian Stewart-Koster
11-17-2016, 2:56 AM
That's right - the ends are a square with a triangle welded on top, and the back and floor are rectangles, as is the roof.
Alternately you draw a square end, convert it to curves, add a node in the middle of the top edge, and raise it into a point. Then duplicate it for the other end.

I'm thinking a handsaw and a pencil would also achieve it -without needing electricity or software, too...

Wayne Grecco
11-17-2016, 11:36 PM
HAHA... Guys I didn't even think about that... your right would probably be easy to do. But it takes me 3 hours to hang a window blind LOL... So here is another question.. once I got the shapes for all the sides which sound easy enough, how would I make them fit together? I mean as in a type of "box joint" I think they are called? How do I make those? That make sense?

Thanks
Wayne

Bert Kemp
11-17-2016, 11:58 PM
you could use a box maker program that will give you finger joints for the rectangles sides and just glue the roof line on.

Mike Null
11-18-2016, 8:21 AM
Do a search here. There have been several files posted.