PDA

View Full Version : She said, "I do"

Steve Ash
10-06-2005, 3:36 AM
I remember it well the first time I saw her. She was the prettiest girl I had ever seen and was at a high school football game I was at, and I thought "Wow, would I love to get a date with her". She was already seeing a guy from the same town I lived in, but I would go by her house and tell my friend Rod, "have you ever seen the girl that lives in that house?" (his answer "No") "Man she is gorgeous" I would say.
Well about a year later she was unattatched, so I asked her for a date....she said "No".....about a dozen times I asked her, she always said No. Finally she said Yes, and after dating for a year and a half she walked down the aisle and said "I do" that was 26 years ago today!

Vaughn McMillan
10-06-2005, 3:41 AM
Congrats, Steve. Just goes to show that preserverence and persistence can pay off. So you think this marriage thing is gonna work out for you, huh? :) Way to go.

- Vaughn

Dan Forman
10-06-2005, 3:43 AM
Steve---Cool story, thanks for sharing, and happy anniversary!

Dan

scott spencer
10-06-2005, 5:32 AM
Happy anniversary Steve!

Bill Lewis
10-06-2005, 5:58 AM
Hey, if this is a gloat, where are the pic's?

Happy Anniversary!

Karl Laustrup
10-06-2005, 6:27 AM
I think you need to take a picture of the two of you on your anniversary and post it. You know that's the only way we'll believe you!!

Congratulations all the same Steve and your bride. Many more in the future.

Wife and I celebrate 25 next month. We'll probably renew again, as we have for the last 24 years. :D

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2005, 6:42 AM
Congrats Steve! Neat story...both stories that is...how you met, chased and how long you've shared your lives!

John Miliunas
10-06-2005, 8:27 AM
So Steve, think she's the "right one"???:D :rolleyes: Hey, a big CONGRATS to you, bro! We're right behind you guys at 25yrs. and counting. For whatever reason, I can see you continuing for another 26yrs.+! Give our best to that bride of yours, too!:) :cool:

Jim Hager
10-06-2005, 8:34 AM
Great gloat. I'm glad you caught your LOML. I did too. :confused: Way too few people make it to 26 years, our next anniversary it will be 29.

Mark Singer
10-06-2005, 8:37 AM
Happy Anneversary!!!

Jim Hinze
10-06-2005, 9:04 AM
Congrats Steve, 26 years is an awesome accomplishment.

I remember it well the first time I saw her. She was the prettiest girl I had ever seen and was at a high school football game I was at, and I thought "Wow, would I love to get a date with her". She was already seeing a guy from the same town I lived in, but I would go by her house and tell my friend Rod, "have you ever seen the girl that lives in that house?" (his answer "No") "Man she is gorgeous" I would say.
Well about a year later she was unattatched, so I asked her for a date....she said "No".....about a dozen times I asked her, she always said No. Finally she said Yes, and after dating for a year and a half she walked down the aisle and said "I do" that was 26 years ago today!

Jim Becker
10-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Wonderful story of the start of things! Congratulations on your 26th.

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Nice story. Keep up the good work together and you will have many more wonderful years together.

Bruce

Keith Foster
10-06-2005, 1:04 PM
The misses and I will celebrate 31 years on December 1st (while we are in Las Vegas at the Venitian on an all expense paid trip). :D

Steve Clardy
10-06-2005, 2:11 PM
Well congrats on that!! Nice story.

So thats what happened to the tool budget huh?

Dennis Peacock
10-06-2005, 3:06 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the cool story and may you have 50 more happy years together ahead of you. :D

Don Baer
10-06-2005, 3:14 PM

What took you so long.
I met LOML at Thanksgiving, were were engaged at Christmas and Married at Easter. (Makes it easy to remember anaversaries).That was 33 years ago.

Congratulations and many more to come.

Norman Hitt
10-06-2005, 3:57 PM
[QUOTE=Steve Ash]I remember it well the first time I saw her. She was at a high school football game. She was already seeing a guy from the same town I lived in..............................QUOTE]

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the successful "Chase", and the Happy 26 years.

It never ceases to amaze and fascinate me about the different, and most times odd circumstances that allow many/most of us find our mates. I met mine when a friend of hers invited me to a party, ( I was new in town to work for the summer between my Jr/Sr year at college). It turned out to be a going away party for my LOML's Fiance, who was going to the army. She looked me over when we came in and introductions were made to the already filled room full of guests, and then She started Picking on me with all sorts of "Semi Caustic Jabs and Remarks", (which I returned with Vigor, I must say, :D ), and less than 10 months later, (on April Fools Day, no less ;) ), "She Said I DO", and now, 44 years and 2 wonderful Daughters later, "SHE's STILL JABBING AT ME"!!!!!!!!! (I wouldn't have it any other way though, as life is not always Peacful, but....."NEVER Dull" with a Red Head) :D

Gary Herrmann
10-06-2005, 8:38 PM
Happy anniversary Steve. I'll make it into the 20s some day - well 4 years from now, if she'll continue to put up with my garbage.

Ron McNeil
10-06-2005, 9:10 PM
Happy anniversary Steve!