PDA

View Full Version : Table saw Splitter Question

Sean Troy
11-14-2016, 11:45 AM
My splitter is lined up with my blade (WWII) thin kerf and perpendicular with the table. Once past the blade, the wood is very hard to push past the splitter. same with different woods. Any ideas on how I'm setup wrong? Wood goes through like butter without splitter. Stock splitter on a Grizzly 1023 slx. I had it dialed in in the past but can't get it right now after putting the blade back on after using the dado blade.

Prashun Patel
11-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Is your splitter normal kerf?

If it worked before and assuming it's thin kerf, then you may just be out of alignment. Check it with a straight edge on the fence side of the blade.

Taking you at your word that you've verified by trying different woods that the problem is not just tension releasing in the wood.

My splitter (riving knife) was too thick for the blade I was using, so I ground it down and it works fine.

Last, has your fence come out of alignment? If it's toed toward the blade on the outfeed it may cause binding. Without the splitter are you seeing burning on the rips?

Sean Troy
11-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Splitter was normal kerf and blade thin kerf. I switched out the blade to full kerf and problem went away. Thanks Prashun.