PDA

View Full Version : mirka ceros sander...third warranty claim

Jeffrey Spitler
11-13-2016, 6:46 PM
I've had the mirka ceros for about two years now. 6" pad, 8mm orbit. One warranty claim involved a bad control board. Today I've had the second episode of a broken threaded shaft on the pad. Both times it has broken while sanding a curved surface. I'm by no means exerting undue pressure on the pad. My previous Bosch lasted me 15 years with NO issues. I bought this thing for ease of use, power, and to avoid the down time of a contractor's grade sander. They will cover shipping both ways, so that's good. Does anyone else experience a broken shaft? I assure you this unit is not subjected to abuse and is used less than in a commercial shop.
Upon close inspection of the threaded shaft, it appears to be made of inferior metal. It's obvious it just sheared off.

Van Huskey
11-13-2016, 7:00 PM
The bad batch of control boards was well documented but yours are the first pad attachment failures I have seen reported. I went through two pads on both my Ceros and no issues, though I almost exclusively used them for flat surfaces and haven't had my Deros long enough to wear out a pad but no issues.

Martin Wasner
11-13-2016, 7:22 PM
I'm on year two of a few ceros. No problems. In fact every electric sander I've ever owned, I've worn out on a year or less except for the ceros.

I'm still ticked they discontinued the ceros.

John Lankers
11-13-2016, 10:14 PM
I have a 2011 Ceros withe the 6" pad and the only issue was the pad letting go of the sanding discs. I very seldom use discs coarser than 120 grid.
Best sander I've ever owned.