PDA

View Full Version : When are You Decorating for the Holidays?

Rich Riddle
11-13-2016, 4:48 PM
So when do you folks begin decorating for the holidays this year and how long will you leave up the decorations? Or are we going to have members of the Grinch Club (no decorations) this season?

Brett Luna
11-13-2016, 5:01 PM
We usually decorate on the first weekend after Thanksgiving. We usually make a Sunday of it. De-decoration is the first weekend after New Years...give or take.

Jim Becker
11-13-2016, 5:02 PM
Outside of a 9' tree in our great room that goes up a few days before Christmas, there is zero decorating at our house, pretty much for decades now. The tree stays up for a few weeks to a month or so...and then gets packed away until the next year.

Bruce Page
11-13-2016, 6:10 PM
Lots of decorations at our house. They usually go up the first week of December, down the 2nd week of January. (Usually)
We talk about taking a holiday cruise every year but never do..

Brent Cutshall
11-13-2016, 6:20 PM
Decorations?!! Let me put this in Spanish for you, NO!!! (I will install a Christmas tree, but otherwise no one sees my house.):D

Bert Kemp
11-13-2016, 6:25 PM
I live alone so I don't really see the point:rolleyes:

Rod Sheridan
11-13-2016, 6:53 PM
Christmas is the most important time of year for Diann.

Diann is starting now, soon our house will be decorated everywhere, and she will keep them up until mid January.

What can I say? She lets me do all my crazy stuff the remainder of the year............Rod.

Bill McNiel
11-13-2016, 7:59 PM
The Christmas decorations start going up the day after Thanksgiving and come down the weekend after New Years.

When I was single I once left my tree up until July, then cut off all the lower branches leaving a group at the top in a somewhat weird homage to the venerable Palm tree and had a "Beach Blanket Bingo" party in the Living Room. My wife has put an end to such frivolity, claims it constitutes a fire hazard.

Rick Potter
11-13-2016, 8:18 PM
With the youngest grandkid in high school, things have slowed down a bit, but basically....Up after Thanksgiving, down about Jan 1.

Bruce Wrenn
11-13-2016, 9:20 PM
Halloween went up Oct 1st. Replaced by Thanksgiving on Nov 1st. First weekend in Dec everything, but tree goes up. Tree goes up on Dec 12th (our oldest daughter's birthday.) Everything but lights on fence out by the road come down late Christmas day. Lights on fence come down Jan 2nd. Things may go a little different on Christmas this year. Son, his wife, and younger daughter will be in Hawaii to see their older daughter. (What a terrible place to spend Christmas.) Wife's dad passed this year, so she is talking about getting to car and just go some where on Christmas day. When we get back, we will know where we were going.

Brian Elfert
11-13-2016, 9:41 PM
I live alone and I have only put up decorations once in 15 years.

My parents don't decorate until the weekend before Christmas and leave them up until mid January. They buy the tree early and store it outside because otherwise the pickings would be pretty slim if they waited.

Kev Williams
11-13-2016, 10:22 PM
My lights have been up all year, just have to plug 'em in. Yeah, I'm "that" neighbor. Got a life-size singing/dancing Santa a month ago, the wife's just dying to break him out of the back room. She got ornaments for the grandkids just yesterday, I'll be engraving their names on 'em probably tonight.

The tree is usually a Thanksgiving weekend thing, but I'll have the lights strung up around the kitchen by next weekend... Wife went Xmas shopping today too...

...already in progress! :)

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/xmasfire.gif