PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Wrench for GoPro Cameras

Keith Outten
11-13-2016, 12:19 PM
I have needed to make one of these wrenches for a long time and finally found the time. The truth is that my fingers don't work as well as they have in the past and its difficult sometimes to get the GoPro fasteners to loosen up.

Not much to brag about but I can share that I used 1/4" thick cast acrylic because its much tougher than extruded acrylic and will stand up the job at hand. I learned a couple years ago that I could use cast acrylic for router templates after many attempts to use extruded which melted frequently from the friction of the bearing on the router bit.

These will make inexpensive gifts for some of my friends. Anyone who would like the Corel Draw file let me know and I will upload it here.

Christian Soto
11-24-2016, 4:14 AM
Yes may I please have the coreldraw file? Thanks so much for this awesome post!

Keith Outten
11-24-2016, 8:13 AM
Stand By........

David Somers
11-24-2016, 1:00 PM
Keith!

I have to admit....when I first read the title of your thread my first thought was "Keith developed a wrench with a video camera mounted on it?.....Whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyy?" <grin>

Thanks for sharing this. Its a great idea. I can think of some other things that would benefit from the same approach.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Dave

Keith Outten
11-25-2016, 10:52 AM
This is the Corel Draw X4 file for the GoPro Wrench.

Keith Outten
11-25-2016, 10:56 AM
David,

I changed the title of this thread so it wouldn't be so misleading :)

Acrylic Wrench for GoPro Cameras

You can purchase wrenches for GoPro camera accessories but its so easy to cut them with a laser engraver from scrap material it makes sense to make them yourself. When I go to some events there are hundreds of GoPro owners I could sell them but I will just give them away. The orange color makes them very visible in a camera bag. Maybe I should engrave my company name and phone number on the wrenches.

One more thing...the plastic mount that comes with the camera box I glued magnetic rubber sheet to the bottom so I could use it on a car or other metal surface. I keep a large roll of magnetic sheet in my inventory. I have used sticky back to stick the magnetic rubber to 24" scales in my shop so I can attach it to a machine to keep it handy.