PDA

View Full Version : look out Epilog, Trotec & Uls... you've got a new laser in town

Bruce Clumpner
11-12-2016, 5:43 PM
oooh! 1000mw!
gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_343187.html?wid=8?sss&utm_campaign=404255&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&from=affiliate_cj

Found this on Ben's Bargains deal site. It'll be interesting to see how many help messages show up on the forum after folks decide to pick one of these up and can't get them to cut 1/2" walnut... ;-)

Steve Morris
11-12-2016, 6:13 PM
depending how you read it - 1000mW = 1W slow and shallow.
But the other number 1000MW is 1,000,000,000W a billion watts now that could do some serious cutting :D
Wouldn't want the electricity bill though

Joe Pelonio
11-12-2016, 9:26 PM
depending how you read it - 1000mW = 1W slow and shallow.
But the other number 1000MW is 1,000,000,000W a billion watts now that could do some serious cutting :D
Wouldn't want the electricity bill though
But it has 108 screws!

Gary Hair
11-12-2016, 9:44 PM
But it has 108 screws!

And how bored was the poor sap that came up with that spec?

Kev Williams
11-12-2016, 10:42 PM
-- This is the product description of the
NEJE DK-8-KZ 1000mW High Power Laser Engraver Printer Machine...
Price: Under $63 on GearBest.com

Description:
The laser engraver printer machine print of high power and high resolution, and soft material can print out the 3D and the gradient effect! Unique frame, weak light automatic positioning and frame positioning make the image positioning easier!

Main Features:
● Support our professional English design software.
● 10 times faster engraving.
● Strong and cool design, high precision and stability.
● With 108 screws and alloy structure, make it strong.
● Can be used offline, even if leave the computer,only connect the two USB ports to charger or power bank (5V 1A).
● Lone time use, NEJE developed the professional power IC and radiator, carving time will last much longer than other laser and more stable.
● Truly 1000mW blue and purple laser head, more higher speed, support more types of materials.
● Can be carved items included: Hard wood, plastic, bamboo, rubber, leather, cut paper and so on.
● Support Win 7, XP, Win 8, Win 10.
Specification

Custom
Laser Wavelength: : 405nm
Image Size: : 512x512 pixels

General
Model: DK-8-KZ
Frame material: Acrylic + Aluminum + Stainless Steel
Memory card offline print: TF card
Voltage: 4.2-5.5V
Certificate: CE

Dimensions and Weight
Product weight: 0.970 kg
Package weight: 1.611 kg
Product size: 14.50 x 16.00 x 19.00 cm / 5.71 x 6.3 x 7.48 inches
Package size: 30.00 x 20.00 x 21.00 cm / 11.81 x 7.87 x 8.27 inches

Packing Contents
Packing Contents: 1 x Engraving Machine, 1 x Laser Protective Glasses, 1 x Allen Wrench, 2 x USB Cables, 1 x 1GB TF Card, 1 x Install Software, 1 x English User Manual

--A slightly less wordy product description, of the
Signa HDXT 1.5T Echospeed Phased Array16-channel Fixed MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) system.
Just under $323,000 on Ebay...

CXK4 Short Bore, actively shielded magnet. 62.9% helium. Liberty detachable patient table system. HDXT workstation and user interface, HDXT Scan Tools and XV revo l ume recon engine. Advanced Application suites. 3D Lava-xv, Dyna Plan, VIBRANT HD. 3D eMRCP, 2D FS FIESTA, CartiGram. ASSET, HDxt Vascular and Cardiac , 3D TRICKS. FTMRA, SMART Prep and Samrt Step, Double-Triple IR-FSE. 3D FIESTA, iDrivePro and iDrive ProPlus, HDxt ConnectPro. 1.5T and OpenSpeed Magnet Compressor, 10 KW Indoor/Outdoor Air-Cooled Chiller. Location: Southeast. Year of Manufacture: 2010. For additional information: Phone: 267-666-0633.

Coils:

16 Channel Head/Neck/Spine Array
12 Channel Body Array
8 channel Breast Array
8 Channel Shoulder Coil
8 channel Foot/Ankle Coil
8 channel Knee Array-Invivo
Quad Extremity Coil-Invivo

All parts are tested on MRI Systems.

30 Day Warranty. No Warranty on International Shipments. (Warranty may be adjusted. Please contact for more information).

Please contact for additional information: 866-530-7850

Those screws are important!!! :D

Nicolas Silva
11-13-2016, 9:51 AM
1000 mW = 1 watt. I don't thing ULS, Tortech, or Epilog have anything to worry about. Thank you for the laugh.

Bert Kemp
11-13-2016, 10:42 AM
I took a tour of Universal laser plant the other day. They had some seminars on their lasers. They claim to be faster then Trotec and Epilog and have data to prove it. I asked about tubes and in particular ceramic tubes. They said their tube's have years of data and that ceramic tubes can't show any data to show there better or will last longer. Their tube's are welded aluminum where and ceramic tubes are glued together. They told me their tubes last about 5 years give of take and it really didn't matter that much on how many hours usage it had, which is about average for those types tube of any brand. Just thought I'd pass along what they said. I realize they are throwing a sales pitch at me also.

Gary Hair
11-13-2016, 11:13 AM
The last I saw was that they were using two tubes running two jobs simultaneously to be "faster" - not really an apples-to-apples comparison. Ceramic tubes have been around for a long time and have plenty of data to support their benefit vs metal tubes - maybe Trotec doesn't have the longevity yet and that is what they are referring to. They are completely wrong about the tubes being glued together. They are created in two halves but they are fused together with the same material they are made from and truly become a single, solid piece of material. Just like "gluing" acrylic with Weld-on, it isn't just an adhesive that sticks two pieces together, it is fusing the two parts together to become one. Not much I hate more than a sales pitch that relies on downplaying the competition rather than showing how theirs is actually better, especially when the downplaying is not the actual truth.

Lee DeRaud
11-13-2016, 11:57 AM
But it has 108 screws!Massive upgrade: the older model only had 96.

Kev Williams
11-13-2016, 12:37 PM
As to running 2 tubes simultaneously, and "engraving speed" in general...

I'm no Sheldrake by any stretch (<great big disclaimer) but- it's my understanding that there's 2 ways to run simultaneous tubes:

1- both pointed in exactly the same place, effectively doubling power,
2- both pointed exactly one resolution line apart, effectively doubling speed (less the minor speed loss in the Y axis from moving twice as far per sweep)

Whether there's a machine out there that can operate at both these scenarios, I haven't a clue, but what a versatile machine it would be---

As to the speed issue, a machine laying down 2 lines at once is going to put down 500 lines with only 250 sweeps. Mathematically speaking, that's twice as fast. Realistically speaking, a machine laying down 2 lines at 100ips may not be twice as fast as a 150ips machine, but it's still going to engrave MUCH faster. And in many cases, I would bet it could double the speed, simply because a 150ips machine doesn't have time to reach that speed in short distances.

Tim Bateson
11-14-2016, 9:10 AM
● Can be carved items included: Hard wood, plastic, bamboo, rubber, leather, cut paper and so on.

Hmmm Cuts paper! Between that and the 108 screws, sounds like a winner.

Brian Leavitt
11-14-2016, 9:51 AM
Aw man... mine only has 106 screws. :(

Gary Hair
11-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Aw man... mine only has 106 screws. :(

You could buy this one to add to your collection and be fully screwed...

Bert Kemp
11-14-2016, 12:02 PM
I have a few loose screws you can borrow:D:rolleyes:

You could buy this one to add to your collection and be fully screwed...

Steve Morris
11-14-2016, 12:05 PM
I haven't got that many screws but I am surrounded by nuts :)

Gary Hair
11-14-2016, 1:23 PM
I have a few loose screws you can borrow:D:rolleyes:

That's mighty nice of you Bert, but I have plenty of my own.