PDA

View Full Version : A little post election humor.....

Ken Fitzgerald
11-12-2016, 3:53 PM
A friend sent me this.....

So this moth goes into a podiatrist's office.
The doctor asks the moth, "What seems to be theproblem?"

The moth says, "Doc, I don't know where to start. I feel like my whole life has been a waste of time. I've been at the same job fortwenty years and I don't just hate it, I'm revolted by it. I can barely summonthe strength to drag myself in every day but I have no choice because I'm indebt up to my compound eyes. The idea of doing this job for years more justmakes me sick. I've grown apart from my wife. She's no longer the woman Iloved, and I can barely stand to be around her but I feel guilty for feelingthat way about her. Doc, it just eats me up inside.
My daughter's shacked up at eighteen with a guy I can'tstand who's terrible for her and she dropped out of school, but she won'tlisten to reason and it breaks my heart. And my son... Doc, I just don't knowif I love my own son, because he reminds me of everything I hate about myself.I look into his eyes and see the same disgusting, snivelling cowardice I knoweveryone sees in mine. I can't even work up the courage to pull out my gun andblow my own brains out. I feel like my entire life is nothing morethan a fragile web of lies just barely holding me back from the screamingabyss."

The podiatrist says to the moth, "You do seem tohave a lot of problems, but I'm just a podiatrist. You need to see a therapist,a psychiatrist even. Why did you come to me?"

And the moth says, "Well, the light was on."

Frederick Skelly
11-12-2016, 4:04 PM
Bad bad bad! :D

Robert Payne
11-12-2016, 8:01 PM
So Ken, just where do you get these shaggy moth stories? :)

glenn bradley
11-12-2016, 8:29 PM
Is there an emoticon for Groooooannnn?

Bert Kemp
11-12-2016, 8:54 PM
Lots of people go thru life just like that Moth, wondering if their whole life was a waste.
MARINES don't have that problem.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-12-2016, 9:34 PM
I was careful with my wording......I indicated it was a "little" humor......:rolleyes:

Wayne Lomman
11-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Ken, in Australia that belongs to the genre of 'Dad ' jokes. The idea of these jokes is to cause maximum groaning. Such as:

I went into a toy shop to get a game of Scrabble. As I walked out the door this guy deliberately bumped into me, scattering the game pieces everywhere. "What did you do that for, you idiot! " I yelled. He looked at me and said, "I just wanted to find out what the word on the street was..."

Cheers

Curt Harms
11-13-2016, 8:22 AM

Seems 'safe' post-election:).

Mike Wilkins
11-14-2016, 3:33 PM
Thanks. I needed that.

Rod Sheridan
11-14-2016, 6:57 PM
Yup, a Dad joke.

My kids still tell the story of going to Disney in Orlando, you would think first airplane trip, first time in a foreign country etc would be what they remember.

Nope, they always bring up the joke I told ( nobody remembers what it was) however they remember my line afterwards.

"That was a joke, you can laugh now".........................Yup, Dad jokes....................Rod.