PDA

View Full Version : Rust prevention

Gene Takae
11-12-2016, 3:31 PM
Hello all,
I'm familiar with most of the recommended products such as Boeshield and paste wax. I needed something to prevent rust in holes I need to drill in my 2016 truck to mount accessories and this item was recommended.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

It seems to have a wide range of applications including tools so I will be giving it a try.

Carroll Courtney
11-12-2016, 5:39 PM
Thanks for posting I see that it is in stock at my local Lowes

dennis davidson
11-12-2016, 7:24 PM
Hello all,
I'm familiar with most of the recommended products such as Boeshield and paste wax. I needed something to prevent rust in holes I need to drill in my 2016 truck to mount accessories and this item was recommended.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

It seems to have a wide range of applications including tools so I will be giving it a try.

Rust-oleum clean metal primer.

Gene Takae
11-12-2016, 9:14 PM
Thanks for posting I see that it is in stock at my local Lowes

In my area NAPA is cheaper.

Gene Takae
11-12-2016, 9:17 PM
Rust-oleum clean metal primer.

That looks pretty good too but the FF seems more versatile.

Lon Crosby
11-14-2016, 2:05 PM
Good stuff. Widely used in farm country when sheep were common. Even does a good job on old derusted wrought iron. Easy on the hands and a nose friendly smell.

Izzy Camire
11-14-2016, 2:52 PM
I use FF at my place for different things. I also have the car undersides sprayed with it about every 2 years. It works well.

Gene Takae
11-14-2016, 10:06 PM
Good stuff. Widely used in farm country when sheep were common. Even does a good job on old derusted wrought iron. Easy on the hands and a nose friendly smell.

I never realized that lanolin was derived from sheep fat. Maybe vegans might want to avoid it!

Gene Takae
11-14-2016, 10:10 PM
I use FF at my place for different things. I also have the car undersides sprayed with it about every 2 years. It works well.

Posters at a lot of the truck forums cite that as an excellent application. I might try that out myself.