PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any recent dealings with Thompson Lathe tools?

Kenton Keller
11-11-2016, 4:33 PM
I have emailed them twice in recent days, and called this morning. Just got a recording, and haven't heard anything back yet. Just curious if anyone else has been in touch with them.
I think I have a mix up on an order (might have ordered from an old website that was cheaper) and I just want to make sure we get it straightened out so I can finish a bowl soon.

Roger Chandler
11-11-2016, 6:18 PM
Doug and company were at the Virginia Symposium this past week. I purchased two new gouges from Doug and he is always a great representative for the vendors who supply our tools and such. Perhaps he had another engagement on the road trip, and as soon as he returns, he will get to his messages.

Kenton Keller
11-11-2016, 6:59 PM
Thanks Roger,

I figured it might be something like that, but you start wondering after a few attempts at contacting someone. Glad it isn't that he is ill or something.

Justin Stephen
11-11-2016, 9:26 PM
Yup, same as Roger, gave Doug more of my money last weekend. I spent a little time outside chatting with him and Trent Bosch but don't remember him mentioning what he might have going on this week.

Tom Albrecht
11-14-2016, 7:18 PM
Thompson Tools has a great product with very little "office staff", if any. I put that in quotes because there doesn't appear to be any office staff. I have had the same concern in the past--- we (I) have become so used to Amazon and other retailers with close to immediate response, that when we deal; with a ma & pa business it seems slow, or even dead. Thompson is good, just slow-- you will get done what you need done on a different pace.

CHARLES D Richards
11-14-2016, 8:18 PM
Doug sent my detail gouge and received it today. Give him a few days to catch up.