PDA

View Full Version : Table Connection Ideas Needed

Frank Drackman
11-11-2016, 12:32 PM
I am in the process of building a dining table. Actually two tables that are designed to connect into one. Each is a single pedestal with a top that measures six feet by 43 inches that will connect into a twelve foot by 43 inch table.

I will connect the rails together and was planning on using counter top connectors to join the actual table tops.

Anyone have different suggestions?

Thanks - Frank

Scott Brader
11-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Frank,
Are you thinking that this is a permanent connection or do you plan on having them separate sometimes and connected sometimes?

Scott

Frank Drackman
11-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Frank,
Are you thinking that this is a permanent connection or do you plan on having them separate sometimes and connected sometimes?

Scott

Hi Scott,

My wife thinks that they may be separated at times but I think that the size really makes moving them impractical. My current design reflects that they can be moved but it will take time & planning.

Scott Brader
11-11-2016, 12:56 PM
I would think that the countertop connectors would be a good option but, like you said, it's going to take some time and planning to separate them.

Good luck!

Scott

Prashun Patel
11-11-2016, 2:07 PM
Google 'Table leaf connectors'. There are several different styles - all designed to be easily unlatched so halves can separate.

However, beware that if you may see the hardware from the ends.

Some styles project over the joint, and others pivot out of the way, and still others use a pin or fork that mates into sockets on each half. The downside of that style is that you will almost certainly lose the fork the first time you separate the units ;)

Scott Brader
11-11-2016, 2:14 PM
The downside of that style is that you will almost certainly lose the fork the first time you separate the units ;) We need a thumbs up for that comment! I thought it was just me...