PDA

View Full Version : machine repair, So. Calif

Vince Shriver
11-11-2016, 12:57 AM
I've got a Delta 380 (15" planer) that needs help. It drips oil, smells like burnt oil when running, only runs on one of its 2-speeds, and has some issue with getting stock flat. I've had Byrd cutters installed recently, but won't take it back to the people who did it for reasons stated above. Repairing machinery is not a talent I possess. I'm looking for a company in So. Cal that can get it running as it was meant to. Any help most appreciated. Vince

Matt Day
11-11-2016, 6:45 AM
I don't know the history, but have you called the company that installed the Byrd head to see if they'd make it right?

If you were local I'd help you, and you may find a mechanically inclined Creeker that might lend a hand.

Scott Kuykendall
11-11-2016, 7:44 AM
Here is the search page from Delta's site to find the closest repair center.
http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/store-locations/
Scott

Chuck Nickerson
11-11-2016, 8:24 PM
Eagle Tools in LA has a tech (Art) they can send to you. Art is magnificent.

Vince Shriver
11-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Thanks Chuck, just what I need.

Jason White
11-23-2016, 2:58 PM
Try Eagle Tools on Treadwell in Los Angeles. Really cool place to visit, too.

- Jason

I've got a Delta 380 (15" planer) that needs help. It drips oil, smells like burnt oil when running, only runs on one of its 2-speeds, and has some issue with getting stock flat. I've had Byrd cutters installed recently, but won't take it back to the people who did it for reasons stated above. Repairing machinery is not a talent I possess. I'm looking for a company in So. Cal that can get it running as it was meant to. Any help most appreciated. Vince