PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 10-325 towbar

Steve Eure
11-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Although the design is nice, in a small shop its a pain in the backside to use. It takes up entirely too much space while moving around other tools. ths worst part for me is the fact that the bar will fall out of the small hole that it fits into so I always have to find a place to store it out of the way and it always seems to fall on the floor right in the way.
I guess my question is this; I have seen the new Laguna 14/twelve 14" saw and it has a single pivoting caster with a lever to raise and lower it with stationery wheels on the other side (across from the caster). Is there an aftermarket caster similar to this and will it work on the Rikon? I can't see why it wouldn't. According to the video, the caster set is optional, so I assume its available somewhere. What do the experts think?:confused:

Curt Harms
11-10-2016, 9:36 AM
No expert here but this is what I did with my 10-325. I wanted the table lower than the included base as well as having it mobile. My choices of materials was limited to what was in the scrap bin. To move the saw, step on the hinge and the hinged piece locks under the lip and the saw is raised. To lower step on the hinge then pull on the rope. I should have made the base so the table is the same height as the table saw and jointer/planer so I could use them as infeed/outfeed support, didn't think about it at the time. The rear wheels and metal frame were part of a Delta mobile base. I could just as well have run an axle through the rear of the wooden base and attached a couple wheels like lawn mower wheels.

Steve Eure
11-10-2016, 10:46 PM
After some research I ordered a caster from Rockler that is made for their mobile base, part #23650 for $27.99. This should bolt up to the existing Rikon mobile base that is already on the saw.