PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder Why??

Ed Breen
10-05-2005, 3:54 PM
I can't explain it, but I keep on getting these resubscription offers from my woodworking mags even though I have a year left on my current subscription. Just adds to the amount of waste paper crossing my desk.
Ed

Doug Jones
10-05-2005, 4:04 PM
I can't explain it, but I keep on getting these resubscription offers from my woodworking mags even though I have a year left on my current subscription. Just adds to the amount of waste paper crossing my desk.
Ed
I just got a renewl form from WOOD. I thought I better check to see when my subscription runs out,,,,,,,,,, Sept. 2007

Lars Thomas
10-05-2005, 4:24 PM
Same thing happens to me. I accidently 'fell for that trick' once and extended my subscritpion way into the future. I guess they get to book the sale (income) early, but they'd still have to carry it as a liabilty.

Jeff Sudmeier
10-05-2005, 4:52 PM
They get the money now and don't have to provide anything for years to come! They make the intrest on the money instead of you! :)

Also, they assure that you don't miss an issue or miss paying them!

My subscription for one mag ran out about a year ago, still haven't quit receiving it! :)

Tony Falotico
10-05-2005, 6:40 PM
They get the money now and don't have to provide anything for years to come! They make the intrest on the money instead of you! :)

Advertising rates are based on circulation. The more paid subscriptions they have, for the most years to come, the more they can charge and get for Ad space.

Like everything else, it revolves around THEIR bottom line, not ours.