PDA

View Full Version : New Table Saw G1023RL

Dok Yager
11-08-2016, 7:12 PM
Here`s a link to the thread in General Woodworking: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?248465-Grizzly-GO1023RL

Just finished putting on the router extension table and Jess-em router lift II. Whew that was a job. Now I can finally do all those more complex turning projects and cut up some of my 6/4 and 8/4 wood I have had sitting here. Now I just have tp PM John to see if I can copy his nicely built Router fence.

Roger Chandler
11-08-2016, 8:20 PM
Pretty sweet, Dok! I have the Jessem MasterLift on my router table, but it is a stand alone, not attached to the table saw. How will you use it in turning? Sweet saw!

Robin Frierson
11-08-2016, 8:38 PM
If you decide you would like more rip capacity its pretty easy to just move the rail tube over one bolt hole and add an extension on the rear for the fence to sit on. Or if you have an outfeed table that would work too to support the fence. I was able to get 36 1/2 rip doing that. Some move the rail over but then you got to cut it for the miter slots.

Dok Yager
11-09-2016, 8:10 AM
To answer your question Roger, I can now cut up some of my stash of 8/4 and 10/4 woods without problems and get to some nice quilted maple and purple heart as well as a few pieces of exotics I have picked up over the years. These will be incorporated into my turnings that I could not do before. As well as finails and perhaps DTRM some inlays. ;)

Ed Wood
11-09-2016, 5:50 PM
I do like that set up I have been considering adding a router table to my old craftsman saw as I have limited shop space and the router table winds up being used as a setup table or storage.