PDA

View Full Version : Need help with blue eBay laser rotary attachment settings

Erica Scorsonelli
11-08-2016, 1:09 PM
Need help with blue 50 watt (friction) rotary attachment settings . . .
As anyone who has seen the manual knows - it's pretty useless on this subject. When you enable rotary engraving, you're supposed to enter the cylinder's diameter in MM and some mysterious number called "Circle Pulse". I have done a ton of trial and error trying to figure out how to calculate a number that will make a 3" ellipse engrave 3" x 3". But, I haven't played with it in months, and now, no matter what numbers I put into those fields, my output is compressed, for example, a 6" by 1/2" box 'Scales' at only 5". Any ideas what I'm forgetting?
Thanks! ~Erica in Reno, Nevada

John Lifer
11-08-2016, 4:22 PM
Caveat: I DO NOT have one of these!
But in reading a few of the manuals, it looks like you set up the rotary in the software with a FIXED diameter of 35mm, (I'm guessing that's the diameter of the rollers?) and depending on your model machine, the circle pulse is set at a number for your machine.
Try 4240 first, and if that isn't right, try 6800. write those to your machine. Hope that helps a bit

Jeff Body
11-08-2016, 4:53 PM
Make sure you do a good search for topics you're having trouble with.

This will answer all your questions about the rotary.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Cutter-RD-Works-Rotational-Axis-Proper-Use/

Erica Scorsonelli
11-08-2016, 5:33 PM
Awesome - thanks both of you - I will try both solutions - it's just so weird that changing those two numbers USED to produce predictable results - now to get the proportions to be close to the target size, I have to manually stretch or condense the width of the art and "Go Scale" until the size is close.