PDA

View Full Version : Swing out supports; I'm not able to find these!

Roger Lueck
11-06-2016, 8:15 PM
I've have seen several "MDF backed" decorative/painted ceramic tiles using a "swing out standup support" that's press fit into a circle/slot that is routed in the MDF backing of the tile to hold the tile upright when set on a horizontal surface.

It's a simple 2 piece support that has a round plastic insert located in the center of the tile. The plastic insert has a slot in it where the pivot point is located for a wood support that swings out to support the tile when displayed upright on a horizontal surface.

When the tile is hung on a wall or other vertical surface the wood support swings into a routed slot to the right or left of the plastic insert which allows the wood support to lay flush with the rear side of the MDF backing.

I've spent a 3-4 hours using Google to search the internet in an attempt to find these. I've seen one photo of the support, but no where that I can purchase them.

I'd like to use these on some Christmas gifts I'm making.

Does anyone know of a source of these "swing out supports"?

I've attached a drawing of the "swing out support".

Thank You,
Roger

Gene Takae
11-06-2016, 11:02 PM
This is the only thing that comes to mind:
http://www.artmaterialsservice.com/catalog/mainframehanging-hinges-easelback.htm

Roger Lueck
11-07-2016, 9:54 PM
This is the only thing that comes to mind:
http://www.artmaterialsservice.com/catalog/mainframehanging-hinges-easelback.htm

I attached a drawing of the piece for which I am searching, although it appears the arrows I included in the drawing pointing to the various parts of the drawing were deleted from the for some reason. Thank You!

Gene Takae
11-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Sorry-I somehow missed the drawing. I don't think I've seen anything like that for sale but I'll keep an eye out.

Roger Lueck
11-09-2016, 4:16 PM
Gene,

The only place I have seen them is on decorative ceramic tile with a .25" MDF backing. The tiles were propped up on a horizontal surface similar to how a photograph would be displayed on a shelf.

I appreciate your offer to keep looking for them.
Roger