PDA

View Full Version : Replace Leetro 6525 with AWC608, or?

Mikah Barnett
11-06-2016, 10:21 AM
I bought my G.Weike laser 5 or 6 years ago now and have used the crap out of it - it's been a workhorse. While LaserCut has been mostly adequate, it's never been what I would call "good."

The version of LaserCut 5.3 I'm running has many unfortunate quirks and while I've found and worked around most, I ran into one yesterday that cost me hours of time and aggravation (trying to align some Code Text) and very nearly ruined a lot of expensive parts.

So, I'm ready to upgrade my controller to gain access to better software. Specifically, I want better WYSIWYG, would LOVE to have a table where I can store laser settings for cutting/engraving different materials so that when I put items on a layer I can simply pick the right "laser profile" for that layer from a list rather than re-keying it every time (we currently keep an Excel spreadsheet with all our settings).

From what I've read, the AWC608 with LaserCAD seems like the ticket. Has anyone done this upgrade and wants to share their results/impressions? Or, is there a better option out there?

Joseph Shawa
11-11-2016, 9:00 AM
Hi Mikah,

I too have dealt with the quirks on LaserCut and would like to upgrade. Let us know what you end up with. I'm surprised no one here had more to say about AWC608 with LaserCAD.

As for settings for cutting and engraving. To make things easier, I have files that are named with the material and the settings are already in. Then I just import the desired graphic into NiceCut and it's ready to go.

Mikah Barnett
11-11-2016, 8:43 PM
Joseph, that's a good idea to make a file per material as a sor tof template, will have to try that!

I haven't settled on a pathe yet but am going to do something! I always get antsy over the winter anyway.

Joseph Shawa
11-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Just an add, If you import into LaserCut 6.1 you can do better data checking and design and then export to DXF and import into 5.3. Don't set colors or cut settings, though, they will cause errors. Only the drawing.
I actually will import into 6.1, which is free, data check and immediately export into 5.3 just because 5.3 doesn't import well.

Note: I may have said 5.1 before

Bert Kemp
11-12-2016, 10:20 AM
In lasercut 5.3 I put all my settings right in the drawing, just use a different color and uncheck it when I run the file