PDA

View Full Version : The English Woodworker is a pretty enjoyable read

Frederick Skelly
11-05-2016, 7:34 AM
After reading the article Stan Covington linked to (draw boring a tabletop), I just spent a couple hours reading around on the English Woodworker's site. It's an interesting place to read. Personally, I like the way CS writes and enjoy reading his blog posts. But I found that I liked the English Woodworker just as much. The man is very readable.

Thanks for an interesting lead, Stan!

Fred

Glen Canaday
11-06-2016, 9:38 PM
Oh yeah, Richard writes fun stuff. You should watch his rants series on youtube where he just goes off on this topic or that. His video on the cap iron is classic.

Frederick Skelly
11-07-2016, 6:18 AM
Oh yeah, Richard writes fun stuff. You should watch his rants series on youtube where he just goes off on this topic or that. His video on the cap iron is classic.

Thanks Glen. I'll look for it!

Mike Brady
11-07-2016, 4:51 PM
I agree, Glen. Richard is a very engaging instructor and personality. I enjoyed going to his site when he set it up and as he was getting away from being strictly a bespoke work bench maker. He had a lot of basic hand tool know-how available and presented it in a way that fellow Brit, Paul Sellers, should envy. Lately he seems headed toward mostly paid content, which I certainly have no problem with, but haven't ventured into so far. Someone mentioned Christopher Schwarz, who I greatly admire, but who has left me behind in his journey into woodworking archeology. His publishing and tool making seem to have struck a chord with his many followers.

Glen Canaday
11-07-2016, 5:42 PM
Richard and Paul are my favorites. I learn from both of them, especially in the rare moment when they are at odds. Normally they agree fairly well though they present their material in different ways.

I learn from everywhere I can. These two are just the ones I glommed onto.