PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker PRL-V2.....

Ken Fitzgerald
11-04-2016, 8:07 PM
It's been a couple years since I made a raised panel door. I am currently making two for our two linen closets. This afternoon, I spent relearning how to use the two bit set I have making the stick and cope joints. What a pleasure using a jig for the bits and the Woodpecker PRL-V2 makes the job. After replacing the sacrificial fence on my coping sled, it took about 4 minor adjustments to dial in the router and relearn the process.

I really appreciate that router lift!

Earl McLain
11-04-2016, 9:01 PM
I spent my first handful of woodworking years adjusting my router from below--and couldn't see the investment in a lift. Then, last summer I caught a great deal on a Jessem Mast-R-Lift. My first project with it made me a believer--I have to agree with you on the lift. It's so much nicer to use wood for a project instead of test cutting!!

Best wishes on your project.

earl

Ben Rivel
11-04-2016, 9:01 PM
Oh yea, having any lift makes a world of difference. Having a good one like that makes it that much better. Ive got the Jessem with the magnetic dust holed inserts and LOVE it!

Dick Mahany
11-05-2016, 9:49 AM
Agree,the PRL V2 is fantastic. Especially for minute adjustments with cope and stick. The one thing I disliked about it however was the limited fine adjust range using only the dial. I contacted the manufacturer about getting the gearbox that they offered with the side winder version as it had full range fine adjust, which they promptly sent me. I changed it over, but will go back to the original configuration as the side winder gear box was too fine and although it offered a larger adjustment range, it was geared too low for the adjustment dial and took forever to dial it in if I needed to make a large adjustment. I've had mine since they first came out and never had a problem