PDA

View Full Version : My laser engraved things

Junior hall
11-02-2016, 6:01 AM
tHESE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS IVE LASERED ENGRAVED

Bill George
11-02-2016, 9:37 AM
Interesting Junior. But most are too dark to see, does your new camera have a flash? Or add some light from overhead. Most are blurry. If you look at the picture and it looks blurry and dark, posting online does not make them better. Practice will make better and you figured out how to post which is more than a lot of users can do!

John Blazy
11-02-2016, 9:55 AM
Hey Junior - cool work. You need to check out my sticky thread in the "Projects" sub forum (top of the list - easy to find) called "Photography tips for shooting furniture". This will be a big help - many good replies on that thread, but mostly you need lots of light to help the camera focus.

Matt McCoy
11-02-2016, 1:32 PM
Hey Junior - cool work. You need to check out my sticky thread in the "Projects" sub forum (top of the list - easy to find) called "Photography tips for shooting furniture". This will be a big help - many good replies on that thread, but mostly you need lots of light to help the camera focus.

Natural light is best. You want to stay away from using a flash and put white paper or posterboard behind your products. Search for DIY product photography and set aside a weekend to dig into it.

Klaus Madsen
11-02-2016, 6:31 PM

I haven't been able to find the "Projects" sub Forum???

Bert Kemp
11-02-2016, 7:39 PM
Junior you can't show a potential customer a photo like those. You have to light them up and get them in focus. A bright room with lots of light or take them outside in the day light. Get them in focus with out a lot of junk in the back ground.

Bill George
11-03-2016, 9:44 AM
Junior are you looking to do something like this? Plywood from my first laser, all the way from China and a Dover image.

Wilbur Harris
11-03-2016, 10:07 AM
I haven't been able to find the "Projects" sub Forum???

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?242154-Photography-tips-for-shooting-furniture

Hal Welke
11-08-2016, 1:14 PM
Best thing I ever bought for taking pictures of product was a mini-photo studio - I tried to put an image in - didn't work for me. It is a fold up nylon box with different colored backdrops - lights on the outside that are diffused by the tent. I have used it for engraved stuff, jewelry , wife's crafts almost anything that would fit in the box. On ebay for about US$35.00 This is the title "Photo Studio Photograhy Light Tent Backdrop Kit Cube 60cm Lighting in a Box 24" Couldn't see a sale number or else I would have given you that.