PDA

View Full Version : Speed of Epilog Mini 24

tony lisnak
11-01-2016, 1:26 PM
Does anybody know how fast an Epilog Mini 24 is? Lines per second inches. I cannot find any documentation talking about speed other than saying run at a percention.

thanks

John Noell
11-01-2016, 4:31 PM
Other than Rowmark flexibrass, I was never able to run my 45 watt mini at 100%, so the "maximum" speed was pretty meaningless in practice. I could engrave an entire tray (to maximum size of bed) of stuff in less than an hour. That's about all I can contribute. :)

Kev Williams
11-01-2016, 6:55 PM
I'll wild guess at somewhere between 60 and 70" per second. Not sure why they don't publish speeds, everyone else seems to...

My old ULS was pretty slow, just from memory it would sweep the full 18" both ways in a bit less than a second, I figured it was a 40" per second machine.

The 'slow' Trotecs and Gravographs I know of run in the 70's, the fast versions near or beyond 150" per second...

Ross Moshinsky
11-01-2016, 8:01 PM
I believe Epilog quotes their machines at 80ips.

One thing that hurts Epilog is their DPI settings. The lack of a 500dpi setting is detrimental as it immediately puts it at a disadvantage to machines that can run at 500dpi. I've found for the most part, it's hard to tell the difference between the two but there is a considerable time savings running at 500dpi.