PDA

View Full Version : Odor reduction

Bruce Volden
10-04-2005, 9:17 PM
I was reading another thread "laser in the house" and thought I'd post some comments re: odor reduction. I have always hated the odors emitted from various laser jobs; bone, plastics. RUBBER, even certain glass seemed to emit an odor although I swear I could more taste it than smell it?!?
I decided to purchase an ion/ozone generator to test out the odor reduction abilities. 8 yrs. ago I bought a $400 unit-it really worked on the smell end of things however it seemed to dry out my mucous membranes and also give me a headache no matter how I adjusted the outputs!
Scented candles also appeared to work but odors would soon reappear after the candle was extinguished (masked the smell?)
My latest AND best solution to date has been with an (EL-CHEEPO) Ionic Zone electrostatic machine. I bought 2 of them 2 years ago for $69 approx.
I still haven't even used up all the free filters sent with the machines! My suggestion / advice would be save your money and go cheap if odors are a nuisance to you as they are to me. Bruce