PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Zing 16 Issue

Ivica Cvetkovic
10-30-2016, 5:15 PM
Hello folks,

As i can see, this is the place where i could search for a solution of my problem.

My Laser Zing 16 started with fire delay last year and i got an explanation from Epilog tech that this is normal.

The problem we face it now is that it stop fire in the middle of the job, (see the pic in attachment). When i open and close the door it continue to fire, than stop again and so on, and in the second half of the project it finished it and cutted out withouth losing the fire...
The settings for this job are:
1000 dpi, Raster: speed 20; power 95
Vector: speed 25; power 95

After it finished the job, i've turned off the machine and turn it on again and start new job but the laser didnt want fire at all.All that happend yesterday.
Today i turned it on again and sent the job for the same stamp. It doesnt want to start fire. I tried few times, restart machine and there is no the laser fire.
I send a new job with settings for plastic (500 dpi) and it started imediately to fire. Then i sent another job for stamp and it did it almost perfectly, skip fire just on line or two.

The power of the laser is, of course, lower then when i bought it, but it still raster and cut good. I use the same settings for stamps from the biggining.

Any idea what it can be, what i can try to fix this, any changes in settings or something else?

Thanks in advance,

John Noell
10-31-2016, 4:19 PM
Have you messaged Epilog tech support? They can often be helpful. Your problem looks like an intermittently bad connection (although it could also be dying electronics in the tube). I am not sure what you meant when you said, "When i open and close the door it continue to fire." It it fires with the door open there is a problem with the magnetic switch. If that switch is going bad, it could cause these symptoms.