PDA

View Full Version : Remote Switch on JDS Air Filter Repair

Thomas Canfield
10-29-2016, 10:50 PM
My remote control for JDS air filter went beserk about a week back. I finally contacted JDS and found that the control module is no longer a replacement part. Discussing with the tech, I finally decided to install a selector switch for the 3 speeds and off, and then run the unit on a decreasing timer switch. The 4 position switch cost less than $8 and timer a little over $12 and available Amazon Prime 2 days later. I had to drill 5 holes to mount the switch, but the wiring to the module had terminals that would accept #14 wire so module is still there if a replacement comes available, but basic function of speed control and timer are restored with a little work and about $22 (have to add tax). Unit is about 7 years old but electronics don't seem to be one of the replacement parts.

Rick Moyer
10-30-2016, 9:13 AM
Good to know, Thanks for posting. I have the same unit (probably) and sometimes the controller acts finicky but I can usually get it to work properly.

Dave Baldridge
07-26-2023, 8:42 AM
I have the same problem with a dead remote. Can you advise the specific parts you described in you note that was a workaround? Many thanks.