PDA

View Full Version : A Little Help Needed from the Minimax Guru

john lawson
10-28-2016, 3:57 PM
I received my Minimax FS30 and have a question, can someone walk me through the data plate and what some of the numbers mean, particularly phase and amps or HP? It came with a 3 prong dryer wire so I assume single phase (we know what that gets us).

I just want to confirm single phase and how many amps/HP it is. The specs online say 4.8 HP single phase.

Thanks for your help

john lawson
10-28-2016, 4:31 PM
Okay this is the motor plate I should have upoaded.

Sam Blasco
10-28-2016, 7:00 PM
John,
That is a single phase machine, 4.8hp (3600 kW is the round number). You'll want to use a 30amp circuit for it, even though it should cruise around 13-16 amps, depending on your incoming voltage. The machine will operate optimally in this range 217-242 volts. Good luck with the machine, should give you years of great service.
s

john lawson
10-28-2016, 9:23 PM
John,
That is a single phase machine, 4.8hp (3600 kW is the round number). You'll want to use a 30amp circuit for it, even though it should cruise around 13-16 amps, depending on your incoming voltage. The machine will operate optimally in this range 217-242 volts. Good luck with the machine, should give you years of great service.
s

Thanks, Sam. As I said, the cord indicated it was, but I wasn't sure, and I have some Euro machines that I can read he motor plate, but this one threw me a bit.

Frederick Skelly
10-29-2016, 7:27 AM
John,
s

Going sidewise a minute here.......
So Sam, are we going to be seeing you around here pretty regularly, like we used to see Erik?
Hope so!
Fred