PDA

View Full Version : For those that use Laserworks (or RDworks)

Keith Downing
10-26-2016, 3:51 PM
For those that use laserworks (or some variation of that software):

Do you find that the time estimate, found on the preview screen, is reasonably accurate?

For me, it always seems to estimate about 20% faster than it should. Meaning it takes 20% longer to do the job than it estimates.

I also thought this was very strange: I was doing a raster design and cutout that I needed 2 copies of. I added a second one to the project, right next to the first, and the estimated work time jumped from 24 minutes to 62 minutes. I thought for sure it would be FASTER doing both together as the x axis overswings would only have to be done once per line. Am I missing something? Or is the estimation just probably off for some reason?

Rich Harman
10-26-2016, 4:56 PM
I have found that it is reasonably accurate only if there is just one speed/power setting being used. When there is a variety of speeds it is wildly inaccurate.

David Somers
10-26-2016, 6:12 PM
Same here. I usually run a job once and time it and then write that down for later reference. Keep in mind I am not a production shop so it is easy for me to be pretty lackadaisical about it. (I have no idea why the word "lackadaisical" popped in my head just now? Fun word though!! <grin> And I have no idea what a daisical is or why I am lacking one. And no idea what the plural of that is. Lacktwodaisical?)

Bill Carruthers
10-27-2016, 1:55 PM
I have found that it is reasonably accurate only if there is just one speed/power setting being used. When there is a variety of speeds it is wildly inaccurate.
+1 on that-I find the same. Also the x travel time/distance will be more than simply doubled.