PDA

View Full Version : Flip Top Bench

Bernie Weishapl
10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Well it took a while but finally got the bench done. There were a few mistakes but nothing that couldn't be remedied. I needed to get it done so when the new machinery arrives tomorrow or Wednesday I would be ready. It does work slick. I put the mitre saw and sander on it because I use them the most. Anyway glad to have it done. It didn't turn out to bad. I used minwax polyshade on it which was golden oak. Trimmed the plywood with 1/8" oak.

Bernie

Frank Hagan
10-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Ah, very nice! I'll have to see if I can do that with my grinder and miter saw ... I'm always looking for space saving ideas since I have a one car garage shop.

Chris Barton
10-04-2005, 7:32 AM
Hey Bernie,

The project looks great! I really like the "flipper" idea as well!

Keith Burns
10-04-2005, 7:44 AM
Really nice ! I made one and it looks like crap...want to trade?

Dale Rodabaugh
10-04-2005, 8:00 AM
Great idea,and a job well done.:) :rolleyes: :D

Corey Hallagan
10-04-2005, 8:42 AM
Great job there Bernie. These flip top cabinets are a good idea. I could use one in my shop. Considering selling my floor DP and getting a table top due to the room it uses. Looks great and enjoy.....hope the new toys arrive soon for you!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
10-04-2005, 9:31 AM
Thanks for all the kind replys. It came out alot better than I thought it would. Corey, yes it does save some space and gives me more room under my bench. It rolls pretty good with the 3" wheels on it. I did make a change. On the sides of the flip top I put errrr I should say the better half :) glued on felt so it wouldn't rub. She said she had to get her touch on it or it wouldn't be right. Must say it did work pretty slick. Thanks again guys. I appreciate it.

Bernie

Byron Trantham
10-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Bernie, great job! I have used this idea for a while. I got my idea from WoodWorker magazine about 8 years ago. I have one with my DeWalt 13" thickness planer and Delta sanding center.

Steve Clardy
10-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Looks good Bernie. Looks like you have the sander dust under control as well on the sander.

Goodland Kansas. Last time I was there, [ just a pup then ] I was making a service call fixing a fuel line on a truck. It was fun back then.

Mike Waddell
10-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Bernie -

The piece looks great. Congratulations on getting it finished just in time to fill up the space with another tool! :D

Mike

Bernie Weishapl
10-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks Bryon, Steve and Mike. Yes Mike I had to make a some room. I had take the sander plus the CMS off their stands and put them on the flip top as I just got the call from the trucking company that the Grizzly band saw is going to be delivered today at noon. I took the Delta BS150 band saw off it's stand and put it on the bench because the little lady likes it better than the scroll saw with the 1/8" blade. So we will use it for small cuts and her scrolling. Again thanks to all.

Bob Noles
10-04-2005, 8:33 PM
Bernie,

Nice job! I just finished my a couple of weeks ago and posted some pics at that time.

I really like the way you did yours.