PDA

View Full Version : Yeti style drinkware

Martin Boekers
10-20-2016, 4:21 PM
I have had quite a fee folks bring Yeti's and RTIC mugs in for engraving. I haven't been real comfortable with Thermark so I passed.
JDS now sells a version "Polar Camel" real similar for $7.25ea AP Case pricing 24 to a case. I bought a couple to test and was real
happy with the way they came out. They seem to be a black matte sand type finish and engrave nicely. Will be using one for the next
few weeks to see how they hold up.... Any one selling these? I'm thinking $30-$35 range including engraving.346074

Ross Moshinsky
10-20-2016, 5:48 PM
The engraving looks good but in the past I've been disappointed with these types of items as they require 2 passes. Did you find it engraved cleanly in 1 pass?

Brett Winston
10-21-2016, 6:46 AM
Martin, did you use a rotary attachment for that? Thanks.

Mike Null
10-21-2016, 7:38 AM
Marty

That looks great. A word to the wise--keep a minimal inventory of such items as the prices are dropping like crazy.

Kev Williams
10-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Marty

That looks great. A word to the wise--keep a minimal inventory of such items as the prices are dropping like crazy.

:) Yup-- with another Yeti clone showing up nearly every day, the market share keeps splitting, and with a substantial amount of the populace already having one, buyers are continually dwindling...

Martin Boekers
10-21-2016, 12:05 PM
A few answers. ;)

Inventory will be limited to a case 24 piece so not a huge investment ($7.25ea). Being on base it seems I will have at least a steady flow albeit small, as
military folks seem to use and like these. They are finally selling these with laserable coatings, none with dye sub yet and I'm really surprised at
that.

I am doing these on a 120 watt with a rotary. 70sp 60 pwr 400dpi. one pass. these are similar to the anodized water bottles. One pass is enough, but there
appears to be a haze over the engraved area. A bit of windex and a few wipe with a Magic Sponge makes it nice and clear.

I can never do more than one pass with the standard Epilog rotary as it never returns to the same spot for the second pass.

Thanks for all your input!

Shannon Ellis
10-22-2016, 3:44 PM
I have had quite a fee folks bring Yeti's and RTIC mugs in for engraving. I haven't been real comfortable with Thermark so I passed.
JDS now sells a version "Polar Camel" real similar for $7.25ea AP Case pricing 24 to a case. I bought a couple to test and was real
happy with the way they came out. They seem to be a black matte sand type finish and engrave nicely. Will be using one for the next
few weeks to see how they hold up.... Any one selling these? I'm thinking $30-$35 range including engraving.346074

Martin, do you have a link to where those particular tumblers can be purchased? I searched for JDS and I couldn't find anything with the tumblers.

Jerome Stanek
10-22-2016, 6:48 PM
have you tried the Yeti style from Walmart

Shannon Ellis
10-23-2016, 12:26 AM
Ozark Trail? I have one. Love it! No difference between them and the YETI. (looks like all these off brands are the same, though) But if I can get these Polar Camels for $7.25 each, that'll save $60 on a case. I'll probably fiddle with some dollar store tumblers and some Cermark before getting serious with these nicer tumblers, though.

Martin Boekers
10-23-2016, 1:10 PM
Martin, do you have a link to where those particular tumblers can be purchased? I searched for JDS and I couldn't find anything with the tumblers.

Here is the JDS Info. They just came out with whole new line of leatherette products too.

LTM932 - Polar Camel 30 oz. Matte Black Vacuum Insulated Tumbler w/Clear Lid

Martin Boekers
10-23-2016, 1:13 PM
Ozark Trail? I have one. Love it! No difference between them and the YETI. (looks like all these off brands are the same, though) But if I can get these Polar Camels for $7.25 each, that'll save $60 on a case. I'll probably fiddle with some dollar store tumblers and some Cermark before getting serious with these nicer tumblers, though.

They do have these in just the metal too.. so Cermark will work... I don't use Cemark so these (I'm guessing powder coated) work fine. There are other brands out there now that are anodized.
I shouldn't be too long before te have Dye Sub Coatings.

Shannon Ellis
10-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Thanks, Martin!