PDA

View Full Version : Corner Booth?

Charles McKinley
06-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi All,

LOML wants to put in a booth with the benches meeting in the corner. Does anyone know where to get plans for one or suggestions for making the angles where the benches meet as simple as possible?

Thanks foryour help.:)

Ken Frantz
06-18-2003, 11:21 AM
If you are talking a corner builtin type of bench simular to a cafe corner bench which was round in the corner, I built one for a customer about 15-20 years ago and I think I went to a cafe and looked at one an got the measurements and built it. It was just a frame work and had a uphosery guy do the finish work on it. More carpentry type of work than cabinet work.

Charles McKinley
06-18-2003, 2:02 PM
Thanks Ken,

I'm thinking more of a finished wood bench meeting at a 90 in the corner. I'll mention your idea to LOML.

Thanks

Bill Grumbine
07-04-2003, 1:22 PM
Hi Chuck

If it were me making it, I would probably miter the bench seat. This is not as hard as it might sound. Measure and cut the first side of the bench so that it is as close to 45 deg as possible, and fit it to the corner. This can be done with a straightedge and a circular saw. Then, using that seat as a template, scribe a line on the other part and cut it to fit. Add a couple of cleats and a single board running along the miter for the leg, and it will hold even me. :D

Good luck with it.

Bill

Ken Salisbury
07-04-2003, 2:12 PM
Hi Chuck

Add a couple of cleats and a single board running along the miter for the leg, and it will hold even me. :D

Good luck with it.

Bill
Good Idea -- but isn't that stretching it just a little. Chuck didn't say he was building it with 12/4 lumber.
http://www.klsal.com/smiley2.gif

Charles McKinley
07-04-2003, 9:11 PM
Thanks for the idea Bill. I'm building a mock up from scraps. so I'll try that.

Ken that was quite a jab.

Bill Grumbine
07-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Good luck with it Chuck, and don't pay any attention to Ken. He's just jealous. :p

Bill