PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking as a business Video Presentation

Igor Vasilenko
10-18-2016, 7:48 AM
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct sub-forum. Correct this if I'm wrong!

I'm a 20 year old woodworker, and have been running a small woodworking business since 2012. I got a chance to give a little presentation to the OWA (Ottawa Woodworker's Ass'n) this summer. I am currently in the process of building a new workshop from the ground up. It is a 2 1/2 storey building.

If anyone is interested, here's the video. The sound is not the best because this was filmed using a cheapie camera. Hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/SQXu-BXMjuk

Wayne Lomman
10-21-2016, 6:10 AM
Igor, your video presentation is excellent. You are a good public speaker. The workshop is a job and a half in itself. What do you sell? Cheers

Igor Vasilenko
10-23-2016, 8:10 PM
Igor, your video presentation is excellent. You are a good public speaker. The workshop is a job and a half in itself. What do you sell? Cheers

Thanks Wayne! I'm really thrilled when folks provide feedback and critique. I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation.

Ever since I set up my woodworking business, nearly 70% of the work I do involves dining tables and benches. I have done a few commissions building bookcases and built-ins as well.

Here are a couple examples of what I've built:

346278 346279 346280

Mostly simple, clean designs that my customers appreciate. Most of my work does not come anywhere close to the classic European masterpieces that I have seen some New England craftsmen replicate. I hope to get there some day. My favorite furniture periods/styles are the Queen Anne and Chippendale.

Here's a pic of my shop. This was taken less than one month ago:

346281 346282

Can't wait until it's up and running!

Wayne Lomman
10-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Cool shop! Cheers