PDA

View Full Version : turning wood delivered with firewood...

Richard Demler
10-17-2016, 1:49 AM
My firewood supplier delivered my firewood today along with some logs for turning...I had asked if he had any larger logs that I could cut for large bowls and he told me to come check out his wood yard..I got some huge oak,maple,and some nice cherry logs...Just thought I'd share the pics..

Peter Blair
10-17-2016, 10:02 AM
Richard this seems like a great deal for both of you but it appears that much of the wood in the photos has been cut for quite a while. It might be a good idea to request a call from him when he gets green or freshly cut wood. Don't get me wrong, most of us have found some very valuable wood in a firewood pile too!

Richard Demler
10-17-2016, 1:40 PM
Peter,they have been cut for awhile.I just cut 2 slabs off the big oak on the end and it was green and damp as I'd care to have it..If I want more all I have to do is call him,he's in the woods everyday..The 10 big logs in the front cost me 50.00..Might be a little old looking on the outside but still nice material for turning...I get almost all my wood from my firewood pile or from cutting trees for my customers..Have a great day..