PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TV Commercials

Rich Riddle
10-16-2016, 8:58 PM
I was watching the vintage TV channel today and an old "Where's the Beef" commercial aired. It made me laugh at the accident but I liked that old gal. What are some of your favorite ads?

Frederick Skelly
10-16-2016, 11:12 PM
I REALLY liked the Audi Commander ad from this year's Superbowl. What's not to like - a fast car, an old man reliving his greatest moments and a soundtrack of David Bowie's Starman!

Bruce Page
10-16-2016, 11:42 PM
I REALLY liked the Audi Commander ad from this year's Superbowl. What's not to like - a fast car, an old man reliving his greatest moments and a soundtrack of David Bowie's Starman!

I just Googled it. Great commercial!

Doug Garson
10-16-2016, 11:54 PM
Interesting, I had the opposite reaction to that commercial. I felt it insulted the retired commander by painting the picture of someone who had nothing to live for, just spent his time watching TV with no appetite for life until he was offered the keys to the Audi.

Joe Kieve
10-17-2016, 10:24 AM
Only saw this commercial one time but it impressed me.

You see a little red sports car coming down a mountain in the Italian Alps. When it gets to the bottom, it stops and a guy dressed in a suit gets out and says
"every Ferrari that leaves Italy leaves with a set of Goodyear tires. Why? Because Enzo Ferrari wants it that way". Then he gets back in and drives off.

Never saw that commercial again.

Rick Potter
10-17-2016, 11:51 AM
My current favorites are the series of Subaru ads over the last few months. Second place would be the Farmers Insurance ads.

Mark Blatter
10-17-2016, 11:54 AM
I loved the one a few years back where a coke delivery guy is trying to sneak a Pepsi out of a cooler and crashes all the shelves. I believe it was a Superbowl ad. Years ago, I mean so far back that many trees have been planted, harvested and made into furniture, one of my teachers would show the Clio Awards to us in class. They are still around and as they are international, they give you a peek into other countries ads.

Check them out at clios.com.

Edit: I just checked and watched the 'Old Spice' winner for 2016. It was obviously filmed on the Bonneville Speed Way near me. Very funny.

Lee Schierer
10-17-2016, 12:08 PM
My favorite ads are the Mayhem ads for Allstate. I'll never buy insurance from them, but their ads are fun.

Paul F Franklin
10-17-2016, 12:26 PM
I love the ad airing currently with the dogs that flood the house and then do a synchronized swimming routine while the owners watch, dumbfounded. I guess it says something about ad effectiveness that I do not recall which insurance company it's from, but the ad is superbowl quality IMO.

Dick Latshaw
10-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Guess my favorite is the literal minded genie commercial.

Guy rubs the lamp, genie appears. Genie says "What is your wish?". Guy says "A million bucks" and is immediately surrounded by lot of deer.:D

Kev Williams
10-18-2016, 1:55 AM
My current favorite-- Yellow M&M talking into a fan blowing in his face-- "Crispy M&M's are baaaaaccckkk"-- ;)