PDA

View Full Version : Tormek Hand Tool Kit HTK-706

Ben Reese
10-15-2016, 4:38 PM
Have a Tormek T-7 on the way. I've been sharpening turning tools, chisels and plane irons on a Grizzly 8" up until now. Think I'm really going to like a "top end" machine.

I was looking at some of the Tormek jigs and the HTK-706 Hand Tool Kit caught my eye since I do a lot of knife sharpening by hand.

For some of you out there that may have this jig:

What are your thoughts on the performance and is it worth the money or should I just keep on with my hand sharpening my knives and leave the other tools for the Tormek?
Thanks

Andrew Hughes
10-15-2016, 6:13 PM
Hi Ben, I have the older Tormek and have just about every jig that was sold to use on the 2000.
The knife jig defiantly works and have sharpened many kitchen knives on mine.Everything from Cutco to Henckels and Wustoff.
So if you like having a sharp knife then get a knife jig.
I have no opinion on the kit.
I did see they now offer a plane blade jig for clambering.
I might get one.
The one thing about a tormek is you just don't know all the stuff you can do with it till you have one.
Aj

Ben Reese
10-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Well, guess I couldn't stand it any longer so for my birthday I treated myself to the HTK-706 jig after watching a few videos on YT. Figure if I don't like it I can sell it and go back to hand sharpening the knives, what made me decid was using the scissor jig part to sharpen draw knives.