PDA

View Full Version : My second thought when I see storm-damage

Brian Kent
10-15-2016, 4:05 PM
My first thought when I see downed trees, wind-blown messes is, "I hope everyone is OK!"

My second thought is, "I wonder if I could turn that tree trunk into a bowl.

Does that make me a bad person? (probably, but does it make me a REALLY bad person?)

Steve Mawson
10-15-2016, 4:30 PM
Sounds pretty normal to me:cool:

Ted Calver
10-15-2016, 4:30 PM
You're in good company, Brian.:p

Dok Yager
10-15-2016, 5:32 PM
Honestly I think we All have had that thought, after is everyone OK and how could I help. :rolleyes:

Reed Gray
10-15-2016, 9:42 PM
If it is a tree that has blown over and the roots are attached, then I want it. If it has broken and shattered, well, fire wood is always nice. Getting some heavy rain here too.... I really don't need any more wood...

robo hippy

Brian Kent
10-15-2016, 10:29 PM
If it is a tree that has blown over and the roots are attached, then I want it. If it has broken and shattered, well, fire wood is always nice. Getting some heavy rain here too.... I really don't need any more wood...

robo hippy

That's right. You are there in the big storm. Stay safe.

Reed Gray
10-16-2016, 12:06 AM
We are kind of on the south/lower end of the front so most of the real stuff is up north. Lots of very stressed trees around from the drought though. Lots of much needed rain...

robo hippy

Tom Albrecht
10-16-2016, 7:04 PM
I heat my Wisconsin home with wood. About six weeks ago I was concerned that we might not have enough this winter so I scrambled through some rough gullies and took down a mature dead Ash, I busted my butt and hauled it up out of the ditch in sections, split it on site and stacked it. One week later we had a real drencher of 7" of rain in 3 hours. I lost 8 mature hardwoods on hillsides including a monster Sugar Maple that was close to 3' diameter at the base. I have more fire wood and bowl blanks than I ever had. Every cut with saw came with a question of "Heat or Turning?"

Bill Orbine
10-16-2016, 7:36 PM
You can assist with the clean-up.....where's bad in that?