PDA

View Full Version : SawStop table saws

Michael Dye
10-14-2016, 8:02 AM
For those of you interested in these toys, GovDeals.com has a couple of SawStop saws listed at auction. Both located in New Jersey and worth watching, at least if you're close. Good luck.

Art Mann
10-14-2016, 11:02 PM
If we are looking at the same ad, one of them looks like it was left out in the rain and rusted. It would have to come mighty cheap for me to be interested

Frank Pratt
10-15-2016, 3:23 AM
They both look to be a real mess. Why would anyone let quality machinery get to a state like that?

Matt Day
10-15-2016, 6:58 AM
If it were any other table saw I'd say it's just surface rust, but I'd obviously be a bit more concerned about the electronics of these saws. Don't see the fence on either machine. That being said, I'd still take a chance on them if th price was right.

I'd be looking at those Northfield machines first though!

Michael Zerance
10-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Most of the tools being offered by that seller seem to be in poor condition. Not only are they rusted but they also seem to be beat up and abused. I would hesitate to purchase anything from them unless it was a steal.

Michael Dye
10-15-2016, 11:01 AM
It looked to me like they came from a school shop program. I agree, not the best condition, but look at the price. Also, those Northfield machines are incredible. Too far away for me.

Keith Hankins
10-15-2016, 1:20 PM
if got cheap would be steals. Cast iron rust could be easily dealt with.